Author Topic: I saw so much critter activity today  (Read 10048 times)

uncle buck

I saw so much critter activity today
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:39:56 PM »
I went to Gettysburg to eat at the Dobbin House with my wife.. On the round trip I counted  40 deer in the fields and 100 geese (4 flock of  about 25 each). for some reason the critters were really  moving today.. I saw some post on FB by some members.. they to were seeing all kinds of animals today moving...

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: I saw so much critter activity today
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 01:16:17 AM »
I watched a coyote in an open field eating what's left of a deer carcass at 9:55 am this morning while driving home from a morning hunt.  It didn't mind me watching it at first but ran back to the wood line and dissapeared. 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 08:24:14 PM »
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\  UB and the Dobbin House...Hmmmm?? Seems that is the pricey place in G-burg for fud... ??? ??? ??? I know, the wife picked up the tab  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 05:47:36 AM »
 ;D  He stays out of the Farnsworth House, apparently  ::) to much paranormal activity  :P when your trying to eat  :o :o :o.......... 8)

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
Dobbin House is the best place  to eat in Gettysburg. Wife and I was talking how we have had about 100  people eat there one time or another. Even had the Submarine coworkers there twice for Christmas office party. The one waitress even knows us now!  Who knows this meeting at Yankee Doodle goes well Maybe next meeting could be st Dobbin House. You ask they will give you a room upstairs and you order off the tavern menu which is cheaper.
Farnsworth that food is like K Rations!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:53:34 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 01:05:33 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( Dobbin House is not a favorite of mine  ??? ??? ??? ??? Last time we were there in the off season we were packed in like sardines and the fud wasn't worth the price..  :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 01:22:59 PM »
So were is this breakfast to take place?
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 06:54:53 AM »
 :)  "Buckwheat"...et al  :)...March 7th breakfast at the "Yankee Doodle" 7:45am  860 North Front st. Wormleysburg,Pa. 17043..... ;D......I know you are to miserable to have a friend  :( :(  so you can bring your brother  ::) As the Chancellor Emeritus of the "College of Coyote #$%^&#@!&* Verbalizations" ...CCFV.... :P..we will save you a seat worthy of your status  ::) ::) if you decided to honor us by your attendance.. :o :o :o.........I will even pick up the tab on your free coffee refill... ;D ;D ;D............... 8) and we didn't hi-jack this post....because this will be critter activity at it's best...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:56:02 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 08:12:06 AM »
Jaspr 1
Ok I got it. I will also say something to my brother.
As some bait to get him there will you also pick up the tab on his free refill on coffee?

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 08:18:46 AM »
Jaspr 1
Called my brother. He said he can not make it. 

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D jaspr1, maybe we can put a piece of bacon in his pocket a just maybe a stray dog will follow him in  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
 :) Goose   :) you need to call me right away  ::) I need help with a plan  :-\  if his brother isn't going to be watching him  ??? ??? We don't want this to turn into an X-rated breakfast  :o :o I would let Tim and Jake do it  ::) but they think he is the Dalai Lama of Coyote hunting... :P :P :P :P................... 8)  PS: BW your brother is wise beyond his years...lol
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:45:57 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D He be a Dalai alright  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 03:50:19 PM »
This is so the Hi-Jack of all Hi-Jacked threads. ::) ::) ::) ::)  Quit messing up Jim's post. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  I can't leave you two alone for a second. :o :o :o :o :o :o  Who is signing you out of the retirement home so you can attend the breakfast ceremonies of the RHWTMTA, aka; Retired Hunters With Too Much Time Association :P :P :P :P :P :P  And does the home know you will be unsupervised?

PS:  It's not nice to call Buckwheat names.  He will throw a lightning bolt at you! ;) 
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 04:51:03 PM »
Looking4fur.... I did put this post on here as a result of what your post started on FB on Saturday... Did you notice that a few people on here also killed a coyote that evening.. I was out yesterday and made  5 stands for coyotes and called in nothing.. I went to 5 areas of Cumberland and York county too... That LOW theory never worked for me... You know they feed themselves right before and after a LOW was approaching and coming through.  It was 2 days before the full moon... There were only deer out on one farm I hunted on. they to were not to be found anywhere on the other  4 properties.. Maybe that's what we have to do... take a ride in the daytime toward evening and when you see critters out in majority.. Go hunting that night for coytoes?!!!!!!!  My theory is that it was to close to the full moon period... I really just waste my time when I hunt during the full moon.. If I do ok then it usually when I go by myself and I wear light colored camo.. Dennis kirk book use to stress that during the full moon that you should wear white.. I never wanted the police to think I was the KKK so I wear gray..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:53:54 PM by uncle buck »