Author Topic: Hammer spur for savage 24f  (Read 3380 times)

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Hammer spur for savage 24f
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
I need a hammer spur for my savage 24f. Does anyone have one? What make is it and where did you get it?
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hammer spur for savage 24f
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:02:25 AM »
just checked Amazon and fleabay and no hits on either one... check your local gunshops... a Mom and Pop rather then a big box store...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »
HD try Carlson choke tube.com  It's printed on my hammer spur. Hope that helps narrow the search.
District 5 coordinator

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:33:49 AM »
Midway has them. However so does www.eabco.com... I had spurs on my Savage 24V, Encores, and my model  336 and took them off... The Encores wouldn't work with them.. I think it happened on all the hammers too... Actually you have to watch the  24V... they are dangerous when your trying to take the hammer off while wearing gloves... The Encores aren't bad at all when taking the hammer off if you don't shoot...maybe I'm questioning do you really want to use a spur since I know I have pulled the trigger and your hear click but it doesn't  penetrate the primer for it to fire.. Just my experience and my opinion on them..

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:44:26 AM »
yes i know ub. I heard that the extra weight on the hammer slows it down - sometimes enough to not get a good primer strike. I surely do no need that. Hearing that click just makes your heart drop.
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

uncle buck