Author Topic: Found the best bulb squeak at the Harrisburg GAOS at the farm building  (Read 6550 times)

uncle buck

Re: Found the best bulb squeak at the Harrisburg GAOS at the farm building
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 10:35:25 PM »
by the way the bulb comes off the end of this call and you can use it like a closed reed call.. Actually be careful when using it as a bulb squeaker and night that you don't loose the bulb off of the plastic sleeve. I was actually going to put a plastic tie and the end of the bulb and the plastic so I wouldn't slip off.. Found out it took some of the pitch away... So  just be careful you don't lose the rubber part... If you do still use it as an open reed call and it makes excellent high pitch cottontail rabbit sounds... 

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »
I made a pretty bad a*s call for competition.
Buckwheat, you sure did. I recall ordering a few calls and you asked, 'what kind of wood do you want me to use.' I said, 'I just want the best sound possible, and don't care what kind of wood you use.' In any event, they held up over the years and produced a ton of fur. Still don't know what wood those calls are crafted from and really don't care...lol.

Offline j76clev2

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 01:23:20 PM »
I want to add a rodent squeaker to the mix, it's the only call i do not have.  I mainly use diaphragms and closed reed distress calls.  What should i look for as far as types of materials or the best place to purchase one?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 02:49:45 PM »
Primos makes a good bulb squeeker
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
I also like the primos bulb squeeker.  I use 2 at a time often to give the single then duet affect.  I just put them in my pocket and squeak them while still in my pocket.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:26:54 PM by Misterjake23 »
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

uncle buck

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 04:28:36 PM »
Primos,   Quakerboy, and Knight and Hale make excellent bulb squeakers! I got some K & H on www.amazon.com for $5.00.
They are a quality call and for $5.00 you just can't beat it! Always check out Amazon for your outdoor needs. I even get my Crit R Calls there and you get a good deal on ghost blinds and Caldwell products too!

Offline j76clev2

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 07:22:18 AM »
Thank-you gentleman, the info is much appreciated.

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 07:43:08 PM »
Got one today at the Altoona sports show that looks like that. Not sure if it was the same vender but I saw it and remembered you post and thought why not.
Home D-5
Camp D-3

uncle buck

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 10:22:50 PM »
if it has a green plastic attachment to the bulb it's it.. Was it an old couple that were selling it.. Watch at night you don't lose the bulb. hold the plastic and bulb all at the same time.. I have taken the bulb  off and I use it as an closed reed call. it does make excellent baby cottontail distress. However in this cold weather voice channel can freeze. However that can happen with most closed reed calls that have a metal voice channel.. now if the voice channels are plastic in the closed reed call they will work in cold weather.. As you know your spit freezes when it comes in contact with the metal voice channels.. that's why every caller should learn how to use an open reed call... One of the best would be the Crit-R-Call Peewee!! The Primos LIL DOGS are excellent open reed calls for beginners.. 

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 12:09:18 AM »
Yeah it was a older couple. They had some turkey calls and a few crafts
Home D-5
Camp D-3