Author Topic: Affilated mushroom club listing by states  (Read 3502 times)

uncle buck

Affilated mushroom club listing by states
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:56:38 PM »
I have notice in Pa that there are now more mushroom clubs springing up across the state... Good thing some are now closer to you then the Eastern (Lancaster Pa) and the Western (Pittsburgh Pa) clubs. Actually one in Centre County and One in Luzerne County.. You all might like to join one of these cheap clubs and learn how to find some outstanding shrooms for the table..

Here is an Example of what lies in them there hills... I go out in July and get Golden Chanterelle... Right now Wegmans is selling fresh Chanterelles for $19.99 a pound.. they are not even a good quality yet.  Not only for the table for yourself for you can make some $$$$$$$$ if you find a business that will buy your shrooms.

You other people from out of states that visit here.. There are shroom clubs listed for your state to on the list..  recently I not only joined the Eastern Shroom club I joined the western to... I trying to get in contact with the club in Wyoming valley to join that but they have no address to send my application to and did not answer my emails as of yet.  :(

http://www.namyco.org/

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Affilated mushroom club listing by states
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:02:42 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Hey UB....Those things that look like shroons in the wild this time of year.... ??? ??? ??? ??? there just snowballs  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:03:14 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
Pagoose... Your talking  SNOWCONES not Shrooms... Now you have to watch you don't ingest any of those Fly Agarics's!!!!You'd be doing Snow Angels if you ingest them there things... that's why the good Lord doesn't allow them to sprout up in the winter... Just for those nuts in Aug so they can make Mud Angels...

Surely you people have seen those shrooms that are red with white dots on....Also a variety that is somewhat golden cap with dots on too... ...FLY Agarics...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:45:37 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »
Just so you know... You might be on a game show someday and this will be the question:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

Also a few people have died from using this shroom...So it is poison... You just don't know because of conditons.. weather and such if the one you find is so strong that it can kill you... Actually it's good info to know this if you have kids or dogs...You might want to get rid of certain shrooms in your yards...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:08:00 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 12:43:56 AM »
I finally broke the code and found the POC for the Wyoming Valley Mushroom Club person taking the dues.. Cost for the entire family for that club is $20.00.  They do meet at Luzerne County Community College for meeting and they will take you on foray to learn how to do things at the following places in NEPA... Hickory  Run, Francis Slocum, Ricketts Glenn, Moon Lake, etc... You will go into the woods with the group.. They come back after about  2 hours and you dump your find on the table.. their experts will tell you what you found.. However you will see from all the groups shrooms which ones are edible, which are poison, and which are just not worth eating... this is the best way to learn and no one is to old or to young to learn..

While I shroom I see all kinds of coyote and fox signs so it good for scouting.. Going for shrooms.. Maybe some of you NEPA people will meet up with me at one of their forays and we can do some shrooming together and all learn..  One thing I want to learn about is a shroom in the MILKY or LACTARIUS family.. Some are poison but there is a few Milkies that are really good to eat..

I'd like to see my friend Scott and Dreamcatcher join that club to do some shrooming with me with the club..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:45:06 AM by uncle buck »