Author Topic: Longer sets produced fox  (Read 4260 times)

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Longer sets produced fox
« on: January 24, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
The fox hunting has been a little slow lately. Last nite we decided to put in a few "longer" sets. 2 of the 3 sets produced red fox around the 45 minute mark and after throwing them Americas top 40 they BOTH ended up coming in on Gray Fox Distress.
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Longer sets produced fox
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »
Reds or grays ??

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
Reds
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
Depends on all kinds of factors. This time of the year they reds  are matting and paired up! If they are hungry you will call in two with 5 min of bulb squeaking or less.
Fox vocals I let them rip for long periods there after and the reds will run right to the speaker!  They come from afar hence why it takes longer!  If you can get your hands on a cheap fox mount thats even better yet. You might pull in a coyote with the red decoy too.
I have called in large reds using GFP sounds!  In the fall they don't hang around long.  Actually let the JS Red and Gray combo or Red and Gray Fight rip. You will call in love sick reds!!!!!

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 02:22:05 PM »
The fox hunting has been a little slow lately. Last nite we decided to put in a few "longer" sets. 2 of the 3 sets produced red fox around the 45 minute mark and after throwing them Americas top 40 they BOTH ended up coming in on Gray Fox Distress.
      HD ive always said this....my % goes up if my stands are longer up to 1 hr..
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member