Author Topic: Trout? whats better mono or Fluorocarbon line?  (Read 7912 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Trout? whats better mono or Fluorocarbon line?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 06:22:11 AM »
i see it once in awhile, usually on the first couple of days.   people use corn a lot also.   the set up i mentioned above will catch fish all the time.   cannot tell you how many times we have walked into a hole and guys aren't catching anything and we start hooking up on fish.   trout have a hard time passing up larve.  takes a little bit to learn how to get the bait rolling on the bottom without getting stuck but once you learn it is worth it.   but then again if you are not tie on hooks once in a while you aren't doing it right.   

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 12:28:05 PM »
 :D :D :D Went to Wally World today and got me some of those "Trout Magnets" now I wanna see the trout get pulled out of the water as I stand next to it with a pocket full of them things... ??? ??? ???...They work like a metal magnet don't they??  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »
Pagoose did you get the Trout Magnet kit that comes with a billy club?

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Nah, the Saiga shotgun!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:47:28 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 11:16:25 PM »
For some reason in our limestone streams seems like white hair jigs and white spinners with black dots work great this time of the year.
Could be the he Trout Magnets with white rubber body should work well. CHARTREUZ everything works too in  our lakes and streams.!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 06:42:10 AM »
Anybody have any experience with Power Pro line...I was looking at Bass Pro yesterday. Seriously thin line for the test 15lb was same dia. as 4lb mono.  8)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »
I use it on all my bass rods (baitcasters)  and then tie on a 6foot 12lb leader of Berkley vanish.  I have 30 lb test power pro and I think it is 8lb diam?  I like it best of both worlds.  You have the clear floro for a leader and the sensitivity of the braid and the no stretch on hook sets.  Trout I have just used straight mono 4lb for even natives.  for the little bit of trout fishing I do which will probably only be the two times I went so far I might hit the streams up north for natives but floro is kind of a pain to tie knots in.  Compared to mono atleast. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”