Author Topic: what is your opinion on this Hecs Camo????  (Read 8900 times)

uncle buck

what is your opinion on this Hecs Camo????
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:27:11 AM »
I saw this on one of the Cable hunting channels... Do you think this is BS?  Remember Hern video about the fox know where the fieldmouse was based on magnetic fields... This camo is suppose to take your magnetic field away... Some of the video was near unbelievable...Could it be a fool and his money are soon parted or is it legit?

http://www.hecsllc.com/

uncle buck

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: what is your opinion on this Hecs Camo????
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »
I bought it about two years ago for archery hunting.  I never used it predator hunting.  I'm not convinced one way or the other.

To do it again......I probably wouldn't buy it.  Its like everything else that deals with hunting.  You hunt long enough, you can prove what ever it is you are out to prove.  If deer are color blind, then why do we wear camo?  If fox and canines can't see red and green colors, then why don't we hunt in red suits instead of camo ?

I had deer come in directly down wind of me and never picked me up (and no I wasn't wearing scent blocker)  Does that mean scent blocking clothing is a waste of money?

I truly can't say yes or no on it.....Sorry I  wasn't much help.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:07:46 PM »
I will have to say there are a lot of bass lures that have caught more fishermen then bass.
Sometime you will have to ask me about the silent dog whistle for turkey. I use ti carry it just to teach me a lesson.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
their message also reveals ... "You still have to wear camo and watch the wind!".. so that kind of protection for them... Think back over the years all the Snake oil Sales products and or services  we have seen...If you challenged them they would say why you didn't have the right camo on or you didn't watch the wind..

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
  UB....This is a photo mid 80's. I think camo is nice,I have some. I think sitting motionless is more important. This Gobbler was not impressed by any camo or lack there of..met Mr.'s H&R and quit caring... My son and my friend Dave Wolfe also in the photo . Sidebar story: Dave's Dad, "Red  Wolfe" developed the popular "Gobble Shaker" turkey call and sold those along with other types of turkey calls from his New Cumberland home. When he passed they sold everything to HS............ I used to love to hunt with this guy..he would always have a can or bottle of Pepsi with him and a Tastykake Pie...lol...sometime before daybreak if we were set up close enough I would hear....PSSSSSST...can opening and know the pie was about to be gone...I ask him "Wolfe what do you think the turkeys think when they hear that?" He would just laugh and say it was his curiousity call..I guess he was right never seemed to bother the birds.... If you want a sure fire test of camo...go crow hunting.....they will let you know, in short order, if your camo is working....JUST MY OPINION .... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Great story Paul...thanx for sharing  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 10:23:33 AM »
+1 good story

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »
Jaspr?  That can of Pepsi and that Tastycake pie wrapper must be made out of that stuff Hecs is made out of that cause your Magnetic Force to disappear!! Yep  that's what is!!

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 07:53:17 PM »
I ever tell you the time I called in two red fox back to  back seconds apart by walking three to 8 steps from my vehicle because the bulb squeaker was squeaking in my winter white bibs...True story...Missed both of them yet with the  17 Rem.....The initial squeaking brought that red running right at me and then he takes off.. So I get a running shot at him...I missed of course... You'd have to be there it happened so fast.. Twilight conditions over snow.. No light needed.. So I bend down to pick up my fired  17 Rem brass. I squeaked doing that and I called in another that did the same exact thing.. We both found out at same time that I was the hunter and he was a fox and I missed him running away too... To this day I will do some serious squeaking now with the bulb squeaker in my pant pocket to lower the pitch a bit...Then I bring the bulb squeaker out and do it along my pant leg.. Back into the pant.. etc etc etc... Why I can do a seminar just on the bulb squeaker alone!!!!!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 07:54:16 AM »
 ;D UB  ;D That's all I needed to hear  ;D Next trip to Giant, I will be loading up, on pies.   ;D ;D I am partial to the "French Apple" pies  ;) Do you think I should just buy  those ( eat 1 every hr. while hunting, (to keep the force up or down)or throw in a "Blueberry" and assorted others  ??? ??? ??? ??? I'm not sure which would be the most anti magnetic ....Don't say anything to Goose  >:( >:( >:( because he will want to get in on this pie thing  >:( and I don't want them running out till I get there.... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 08:48:52 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Twinkies come to mind  :o :o :o :o some of those pies are awful  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »
 ;D Wow, a Gourmet like you saying something like that  >:( Here I thought your favorite meal was a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and Tastykake Pie ala mode for dessert...washed down of course with a red wine aged at least 3 months  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P.........And did you taste test all those varieties ? Which one is the most "awfuller" one of them all,don't want to buy that one... :P :P.............. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 11:13:05 AM »
 :( :( :( :( Those Frenchie apple ones....got one one time that was sour.... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ kinda turned me away from them that is unless you are buyin  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 03:17:07 PM »
oh No Not Blueberry... you turn with your backside and face down wind your going to make that Magnetic Field block be rendered useless!!!!