Author Topic: Next Best Thing Than Ice Cream... The Ghost Blind...  (Read 3212 times)

uncle buck

Next Best Thing Than Ice Cream... The Ghost Blind...
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »
I started hunting archery again this year.. Use to hunt in the  70's with a recurve but now I use a crossbow...  What a humbling experience hunting archery... I don't like to climb trees nor platforms since I did end up in the hospital for well over  2 weeks once from a fall.   However I do like the idea of using a blind..  Purchased one the other day called:  "THE GHOSTBLIND!!! I can use this for all kinds of hunting.. deer, turkey, and day time predator hunting..  it has a mirror front and the terrain that is in front of the blind turns into the camo on the blind.. I will post a picture of their web site so you get an idea what and why I'm excited about it..

uncle buck

Re: Next Best Thing Than Ice Cream... The Ghost Blind...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »
Check this out... Doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that this is better than ice cream..http://www.ghostblind.com/

uncle buck

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 11:39:46 PM »
I like it...but it seems a little expensive.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
There a nice blind to set up quick and perfect camofluage every time. Yea they r a little pricey but there is a video on YouTube a guy tells u how to make one cheap.

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »
Your paying  for the technology... That would be nice if you could make one that works like this...If you have to use real mirrors now your carrying in something that is heavy....What I like is that when your done with it you fold it up and carry it out.. When hunting archery if you have a pop blind.. You have to bend it in all kind of ways to get it back into break down form... This could be a pain when it's dark.  I have one of those that I got on clearance at Wal-Mart... Worked great during my hunt. but now it was dark and I had to walk back to the Saturn SL2 with that half folded...I got it into the little Saturn but where did I have to break it down and fold it properly. In my kitchen when I got home.. It's water proof, light enough that you can carry it on your back in the optional bag they sale... It's truly a good investment for a predator hunter because you can use it all year round not just for turkey and deer.. Also you don't have to set it up in fields for days so the deer get use to it.. The deer or turkey will not see themselves in the blind unless they are 8 feet from the blind...It's made to slant at an angle so it picks up the ground cover.. the home mader that would be fine if you can get it to do all the stuff this Ghost blind can do.. The mobility, the lightness,  etc.. Why the bag itself can be used to keep you dry if it starts raining or to cover your torso if it gets cold..I will probably start to hunt coyotes and fox more in the daytime now that I have this too..  I have one sound that I use that brings the red fox out of the wood lots.  Can you imagine what I can do with this now instead of just being in full camo... That works great for daytime calling. But this blind will make me truly stealth for Reynard when he ventures out of the wood lots or from the top of the hill from his sleep.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
     I suppose its just like anything else,   You get what you pay for. 
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »
No Misterjake you should be concerned over cost...that is one thing to take into consideration.  I have all of those electronic s but what do I call in many predators with... a $5.40 bulb squeaker.

The blind does cost $199.99.   However when you buy a pair of camo bibs they cost $249.00 at Predator Camo. com.. Now with this blind all you need is a camo face mask.. So there are all kinds of pro and con..