Author Topic: Quakerboy Bulb Squeaker Do Not Leave Home without it  (Read 11580 times)

uncle buck

Quakerboy Bulb Squeaker Do Not Leave Home without it
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
I have told this true story before. Forgive me if you heard it again a 2nd time.

I was hunting red fox at night during twiglight conditions over snow. It was so light out due to the white snow that you did not even need a light.

I was dressed in full white camo from head to toe including my 17 Rem CF rifle. I just removed my gear from the car and started walking away from the vehicle. I had a Quakerboy Fieldmouse squeaker in my pocket. I guess with all the bulk on it was squeaking while I was walking. Each step I took it squeaked. I must have taken only 25 steps from the car and her comes a red fox running right at me. I called in this red fox with the bulb squeaker in my hunting pocket. The fox thought that a field mouse was there for his taken. I was up high. The fox stopped saw me and took off accross the road. Here in Pa if your high you can shoot accross the roads. I was using a Rem 700 BDL bolt action. I fired two quick shots at the departing fox. I missed him with the two shots. I did not know what to think. I just called in a red fox witht a bulb squeaker in my pocket. My movement made the squeaks as I walked. Now this is the incredible thiing. I'm bending down picking up the 17 Rem CF brass in the snow. As I'm bending down my movement is making the Quakerboy bulb squeaker to squeak. Here comes in another fox right at me. I called in two red fox back to back by just the body movement and the squeaker in my pocket. Just goes to show you how good their ears are. Those both red fox heard the squeaker in my pocket. by the way I missed that one too. LOL LOL

Anyway make sure you predator callers try the Quakerboy bulb squeaker. Use it for calling too not to just bring in fox close for a shot. So neat to see that red fox coming bounding over the snow for a feast of Quakerboy Field Mouse Squeaker Hand Call.