Author Topic: Carnivore Lights  (Read 18644 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Carnivore Lights
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
Jaspr1, sometimes I skip my medication so I can stay up until 10:00 pm or so. ;D ;D  SHHHH, don't tell my wife.  She is a little grumpy and would not understand. :-[ :-[

Uncle Buck, I would like to hear more of how you set up differently.  You can shoot me a pm if you don't want to let all the secrets out to these old guys.  Sure would be nice to hunt with you sometime before I die.  We can hunt my spots.  What do you say?  Stop avoiding your red head step son.  Let me know.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
Unclebuck and Jasper1
Glade you guys like the lights. I am already am working on next years lights. I know people get upset when i make new stuff expecially after you make a purchase.  When I make the best I can at great prices other companys like to copie your product or try and pick it apart. It is just the nature of business in the usa. So to stay competive it is nessary.
But i can say this, this years lights are good enought you will never have to upgrade.
 Unclebuck and Jasper1 Iam glade you like them as much as i do.
I am also happy jasper1 is not blind and Tim go to bed. Buck you just keep killing critters.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2014, 04:24:21 PM »
I don't if you need a new light for the coming year Ernie.. The critters pretty much just put there hands up in the air and give up once hit with that Carnivore 2 shooting light.. What a pleasure and a high  to see the entire fox at 200 yards or so...During the rutt you have to watch those small doe.. they coming running into the call just like a coyote... The Carnivore 2 ID's them as a nontargeted animal so much better then the 250 Kill lights or even previous year model lights too..  I would like to make a recommendation to anyone that does buy the Carnivore 2 shooting and head light.. make sure you buy some batteries from Ernie too. They work a lot better with this light then all of the other batteries I have obtained from all of the previous shooting lights I have purchased..The other batteries will just frustrate you...So the not only are the Carnivore 2 lights better so are the batteries that Ernie sells now too.. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:27:17 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
I learned my technique from the Dennis Kirk Play book..This was back  in  1986.  the Texacans hunt  180 degrees in another direction... Kirk... sending people down 100 yards down wind from his calling was what he use to stress or maybe setting up so the fox is in range at a arc or turn in the field... They hunt with the wind in their face.. They told me they don't worry about the predators that get down wind.. they are going to bust you anyway.  So I hunt with the wind in my face and the predators just come in being  hidden behind the red lens lights they don't even know I'm there... I also will set up with an obstacle on my downwind side... Farmers house, Barn, Equipment, heavy rock formations.  They can't  circle downwind and go through a barn...Coyotes are the toughest however because they truly do come in from where ever they want and they will use obsticles to protect their hairy aurz!  Like come to your calling right through a corral that has a horse in it...So you the mammal got to think like the coyote the mammal.. What he does to you you do it to them to... Hence instead of going into the pool hall and just shoot at the balls you go into the pool hall shoot at a ball and try to set yourself up for the next shot too..  Ask yourself what can I do on this farm the Mr. Coyote will become vunerable if he comes to my call?  So you pretty much have to know the lay of the lands that your hunting on.. To go blindly to a new farm would still be a plus for the coyote..

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:50:37 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
Dodged me again. :'(
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Tim he's being polite... :P :P :P Maybe it's in your Christmas stocking :-X :-X :-X along side the lump of Scat!!! LOl-LOL  8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »
Does the carnivore 2 headlight come with battery and charger or are they purchased separately?
district #1

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »
bdawg
Everything is purchased separately.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2015, 06:32:12 AM »
 :) Field report from the UN-official EW Carnivore Light Field Tester  ::) In an attempt to perk up sales and broaden the use of these lights  ;D I have a new use  :o :o :o...Yesterday a friend called and got me to go to Little Buffalo ice fishing with him  ;D When the Sun went down  :( on came "THE" light... ;D ;D ;D..wow lights up those little orange tips on spring bobbers and ice rods big time  ;D ;D ;D....and doesn't leave you with spots when you shut it off  ;D ;D ;D Not that I shut it off  ??? I was lighting up anything reflective for a 1/4 mile  ::) ::) signs,car reflectors,ice shacks,Park Ranger Vehicle..OOP's.... :P :P :P :P :P........................ 8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:34:33 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »
Jasper
Kids and there toys lighting up stuff, did you catch fish or just piss everbody off.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2015, 06:03:42 AM »
 ;D Your just jealous you weren't there  ::) ::) ::).................piss everybody off .......... ??? ??? ???. I didn't think of that.. ;D ;D ;D......next time... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P............ 8)