Author Topic: Carnivore Lights  (Read 18639 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: Carnivore Lights
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 09:48:21 PM »
Hern
Thanks. That is how I feel. To see and shoot a small redfox at over 300 yards is more then we will ever need. I shoot with professional equipment and 300 yards at night is a big boy shot hands down.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:50:13 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 06:09:31 AM »
I use ewcalls (which brings 'em close) and don't have to shoot 300 yards  ;D.

I use .223, .22mag and 12 ga. w/3 1/2" rounds either gun is for maximum range, but I still want to call 'em closer.   ??? ;D

We are talking about 'seeing and calling' at night. I feel your lights fit the bill for all predator hunters nation wide, not just my neck of the woodz.
Buckwheat continue to focus on quality, pricing and service. Then market the heck out of your top-notch products.
And thanks for the fast service on sending me the gun/light mounts.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:10:50 AM by Hern »

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 06:27:19 PM »
Offering my unsolicited input.......my Carnivore Mag is plenty bright already.
I'm finding myself clicking it down lately.

uncle buck

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »
E Wilson Carnivore 2  head and shooting light works.... 200, 150, 100 yard shots made with a 17 Hornet and  20 grain factory Hornady ammo.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:39:47 PM by uncle buck »

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 05:42:32 AM »
 ;D Well I just have to do it..... ::)....I have been undercover messaging the famous "Buckwheat"  ;) about the purchase of a scanning light.... ;D  OK no big deal  :) as I am also going to use it for checking traps  ;D ;D I need more light  ::) He being the salesman that he is.. :P tried to sell me a shooting light also  ;D...I pointed out that up here in the hill's of Purry Co. we only get to shoot 75 yards or so tops.. :( :(....and no thanks  :) So I get this from the "World Champ"  ::) and I quote.."Just because I can shoot farther than you BANJO PLAYING RIDGE RUNNERS can throw a piece of firewood  >:( >:( >:( you don't have to bring up your past performance of a 100 yrs ago.." >:( >:( I was explaining I don't get 300 yd shots..and I'm also 65 and can't see 300yds anymore  :(  :(  Now that's the kind of trash talk I expect from the "GOOSE"...who can be forgiven since he also bumped his HEAD when he fell down the steps AGAIN.. :P...Anyway I just wanted to share how little respect the JR  :P  GURU gets from his fellow ASSOCIATES.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.......... 8)....PS: If the light works as well as the EW call I have,(made out of a genuine "SKID WOOD" pallet), it should be great..and if not,us knuckle dragging BPRR's won't know the difference...lol

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 06:11:01 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Being from a century ago :P :P :P :P....I still use a shotgun for fox at night ;) ;) ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »
Jasper 1
Well I just read your post and I was very happy to see my statements made were good enought to get reprinted. That in it's self is a mile stone mark for me. But you being a junior GURU I can only be just a little happy about the reprint. I mean if it was from George or Ben i would have framed it. But anyway so be it and it is what it is.
PLease also do not drag Goose into this great sales pitch. He might have hit his head harder then you think. He still uses that old rusty single shot damascus barrel shot gun with the forarm taped on. This new ammo is going to blow that gun up some day and i do not want my high quility professional grade light damaged when that happens.
Also i have never concidered you a knuckle dragging ridge runner. I know inbreeding can cause some problems but not that.
Any how I hope you like the new light when and if it ever gets there. Also I know it can be boring living in the wild but do not just set there and stare into the red led light it can hurt your eyes.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:40:47 PM by Buckwheat »

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 02:59:40 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( Ahhhh Ernesto...you just told him indirectly to turn the light around..... ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »
 ;D HAHAHA  ;D Aren't you 2 just the comedians  >:( >:( Well my wife helped me  ;) I had it aimed out the back like a stop light and she said I don't think so  ??? it WAS kinda hard to see that way!  :o  Thank God I have her around  ;D even though she said "You Look Ridiculous"  :( :( :( Anyway I'm aimed right and power is on  ;D This is the most awesomer light I have ever owned  :) 1st it's hands free and 2nd it doesn't blow out when you go out in the wind  ::) ::) I might go out tonight in all this wind... ;D...just because I can.. ;D ;D ;D ;D Buckwheat I had to get the jump on the Goose  >:( you just knew he had a comment just bursting  :o No Beaver drives  :( and here I go and buy a light for SNIPE hunting  ::) and Mr. sore butt wants to be disagreeable  :P :P :P...... 8)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:12:00 PM by jaspr1 »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
Jasper 1
You are correct about Goosee. He would have exploded if he did not make a comment.  By the way why would anybody think this **** is ridiculous. Only a woman would say something so dumb.  I feel right at home wearing mine just walking around.  Especially in a restaurant or a bar with my headlight on.  Besides if drop say a penny or something on the floor in a dark bar i can turn the light on and find it. I think it would be ridiculous not to have one at times like that.
Good luck hunting and do get pissed when you see a coyote at over a hundred yards.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2014, 08:39:29 AM »
You old guys crack me up. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Whatcha talkin about boy?? Old Guys?? ??? ??? ??? We'ins is just many years young.... :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »
Well I think the worst has happened!! Since he is not on the board with any returned reply. It looks like jasper looked into the light to long and is unable to see to post. Blind, no more hearing from him I guess.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:43:03 PM by Buckwheat »

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »
 ;D Well Ernest it has exceeded my expectations already  ;D I did not go blind but I had more than adequate light this morning  ;D The first thing I saw this morning was a rabbit...he was a fer piece away..wow....You cannot evaluate anything on one use but I will be your unofficial field staff and report at the end of the season.   ;D I can see me using this thing on the river night fishing... :) Like you I just wanted to walk around just wearing it  ;) but I can't hack the grief.  >:( >:( >:( I went to go to bed last night and that dumb woman sounded just like my mother used to  ::) "Your not wearing that to bed"!!!!!! :( My Mom always said that about my Cowboy hat,Boots and my six shooters... :P...D$#@....I said well don't blame me when someone breaks in and kidnaps you  :P :P :P :P....................... 8)....Lookn4Fur, your up way past your bedtime and shoudln't be reading this stuff without adult supervision  :P :P :P :P :P

uncle buck

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 12:58:43 AM »
I just got my  2nd Carnivore 2 shooting light today...Like them big time... Son likes them too. Hence why I got another one...So nice to hide behind...Fox don't even know your there.. I had one come into my calling the other night when I put the Carnivore 2 direct beam on him.. He sat down and just looked at me not more than 70 yards away... OOPS mistake.. the  17 Hornet spoke and he was a gonner...We are liking the scanning lights too.. Stealth that what it's all about...I tell you what back in 2011 I made a family trip to North East Texas.  Met two friends down there.. Actually Ernie is friends with them too.. Just watching them how they hunt I came back to Pennswoods and changed how I set up for predators.. My kills and call ins have increased greatly now.. However with these two new lights they have even made it better.  keep up the good work Ernest... I appreciate the product that you sell....