Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 337821 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »
 ??? I plan on pulling everything Sunday   :P I'll start fresh on canine later next week, maybe ??? I want to focus on some calling since Mr. Smart Red Fox doesn't like traps...he hasn't hit the over-under trap set yet 8) Can't see him flipping both of them :o anyway I came up empty this morning, I got a coon to skun and flesh this morning, that I got yesterday ;) then I can prepare for New Years dinner ;) Pork and sour kraut, some vino, squished potatoes, some vino, stuffed hog mal, some vino....and did I say vino 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »
Nice!  You old guys sure do got the life. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 01:33:07 PM »
 ;) Tim it's a fact of life and you will be where we are some day ;D Enjoy life to the max, I never realized what that was til 4 years ago.... :( now I'm retired and enjoying it as much as the wife lets me ::) she can't wait til trapping season is over ??? I didn't tell her I'd be night hunting/calling for awhile  after trapping season 8) New Years resolution for olde guys 8) don't spill all the beans, enjoy life to the max that you can, and keep the family Happy-Happy-Happy ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 08:17:40 AM »
 :( :( :( 9° this morning...it's cold! :-[ :-[
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 05:39:38 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? Go back and read your very 1st post  ;D ;D ;D ;D make up your mind  ::) ::) your giving us old people a bad reputation here  :P To HOT  >:( To COLD  >:( starting to sound like someone I know around here.. :o  I'll call mother nature  ::) what would you like?? I got a boar raccoon day before last  ;D not as big as yours but big enough.. :) I think I will wear a long sleeve shirt today and jeans instead of shorts  :( :( it's a little nippy  >:( or maybe I can get one of my boy's to check my traps, Greg,Kevin or Timmy. ;D ;D...I have 3 traps and 1 cable restraint located in strategic locations...lol..... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »
HaaaaaGrasshopper ;D ;D ;D ;D Wear the shorts today and freeze the jew__ for tomorrow...then you can be a lead part in the K-Mart bell commercial ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I still have a dozen traps out....no new tracks last night...it was 3° on the farm this morning :P makes checking traps go quicker....you don't fool around ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
Man this ice stuff is bad ??? Real bad accident on I-81 that took 2 lives and injured 7...Ice and more ice...Glad I pulled all traps this morning :o wanted to leave the fox sets out but pulled them also, and I'm glad I did ;) I don't bounce very well, even with all my padding :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 05:10:35 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D  Well you finally made it to GURU status...OMG..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;....Please sign me up for your 1st seminar, on beaver trapping... ::) ::) ::) Just wanted to point this out for all those who are asleep at the wheel and didn't catch you sneaking into the cloud zone :o :o I now know where that grasshopper comment came from.. :P :P Have a nice day sitting in front of the candles  ??? ??? Your humble trainee... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 06:28:26 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Yea I saw that my status changed and you are not too far behind 8) 8)....was woke up this morning to thunder :o :o :o man this is some crazy weather ??? ??? ??? Not gonna try for the beaver til end of Feb ;) ;)....gonna do some calling now :) :)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »
Pulled my couple beaver sets out Saturday morning.  Had to smash thru 3 inches of ice with my hammer just to getem.  Temperature said 1 degree in my truck.  It was actually warmer in the water.  Most dangerous situation I have been in for a long time.

It's probably for the better to let toothy rest for a while anyway since I removed the front of his foot in a #4. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 09:05:43 AM »
 :( :( :( They say tonite with the wind chill it will be brutal :o :o :o But you can bet jaspr1 will be out in his shorts doing something... ;D ;D ;D ;D Let the bells ring :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2014, 05:11:42 PM »
 ;D :D :D If he is out callin with shorts on HE'S the MAN!!!! ;D ;D
Skin that one pilgrim and I'll fetch ya another!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D I bet they would at least be snow camo shorts  :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
;D ;D ;D I bet they would at least be snow camo shorts  :o :o :    That's funny! ;D :D 
Skin that one pilgrim and I'll fetch ya another!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »
 ;D Not that it's any of your business  >:( even if you are a GURU.. ::) but all of my speedo's are digital green camo  :) I have in a special order for some snow camo one's.. ;)...I will be out there  ::) in the words of the GURU GOOSE, " You can't kill them sitting in front of the stove,drinking vino,grasshopper!" ::) ::) so I will be out, diligently enjoying the peace of being alone.. ;D..I would like to ramble but I have to go get some sleigh bells to ring  ??? ??? GURU says ring the bell's.. :o :o You are going to make a great GURU  ::) you are innovative,creative,spontaneous,etc.... :P who would have thought to ring the bell's to bring them running,except you... :-X :-X... 8)  UB would never give up a secret like that...or Hern if you could find him...lol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:49:26 PM by jaspr1 »