Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 337890 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
Jasper and Goose, thank god this site has emoticons  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(.  Not sure if you two could communicate without them.  You may have to go back to smoke signals.  Lol.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »
Nah...jaspr1 has his head to the ground and when I thump on a hollow log he understands what I'm saying :),
:), :).....whatcha say about that now Timmie!!!!
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »
Spoken like twin brothers.  Glad you two have it all figured out.  Is Jasper from the great town of DeCoven?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 06:26:13 PM »
 ;D Jaspr is from the suburbs of Perdix  ;)....We post like we hunt and trap ::) we like to light the place up.. ;D ;D ;D Goose don't be alarmed  ??? ??? I will come down and we will get some beaver , one way or the other.... :-X :-X :-X... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »
 ;) We'ns be brothers of "Fur, Fish and any Game"  ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
Past week the full moon and cold temps made trapping tough!
On the warm days I did catch coon and fox!
Like those dogless cuffs for coon. Caught three with the cuffs.
So far this year 2 of my fox had mange!  I was getting $40 for my fox, then $25. Today's fox I got $20 for. It was full of briars!  Doing well on calling and trapping!

I know of a fellow trapper/hunter who lost a fox caught in a trap,
This predator hunter shot the fox in the head. Ok this happens!! But you leave the critter you don't take it as your kill.  Lets not be slob sportspersons!!!! :(  :( 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
 :( :( :( And then it rained again, gonna borrow jaspr1's scuba suit to find my water sets tomorrow  :P If it keeps this up I'll be able to use my canoe to cross the field and check my fox traps :P :P Don't fool with mother nature!! ;) ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
Perdix!!!  You may be my father!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »
  :o :o :o If your older than child support age....Welcome Son... ;D...if your young enough for child support ... ::) I was out of town that day... ;) ;) whoever you are!!!!! 8)  Goose now look what you done!!!! Turning into a hurricane up here in the Cove....lol
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:47:06 PM by jaspr1 »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 03:52:42 PM »
 :P Well all critters skuned, just need to do some fleshing :( yes it's still raining >:( hip boots may not be enough tomorrow  ??? might hafta get out the chest waders ;) Rain-Rain go away come again another day!! ::) ::) Snow, now that would be nice...powder even ;D ;D ;) only one more week of water season and we are under high water... :-[
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 04:30:28 AM »
I think this deer was trying to help me with camera placement.... ;D..it managed to walk over and set off a trap.. >:(..I hope a coyote runs her ass all the way to the top of the mountain... ::) ::)... 8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:04:21 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »
This photo stinks :P I didn't realize about the weeds  :-[ :-[ but if you look over ,youcan see Red Fox on Hayset where deer had set off trap.. >:(...I guess he was checking for crunch proof swivels.. ;) ;)...rain seems done  :-\..and hopefully so is Mr. Fipper,Digger,etc....and if not.. :'( :'( :'( ... or he might meet Mr. 22mag.... ;D ;D ;D....... 8)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 07:50:54 AM »
Way past child support but not ancient like the Goose.  :o  We will have to talk some day.  Probably know a lot of the same people.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
 :( Water sets under a foot of cloudy water :( :( Still managed a XL coon this morning 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 05:09:48 AM »
This is what happens when you eat hay with fox p on it... :P...you grow crappy antlers... ??? I wish they would leave my wet hay alone.. >:(.....  I am going to take a hook and retrieve my river traps  >:(  still under cloudy water also.... :( :(...want them out ,Friday their calling for overnight low of (5)... >:(...I'm to soft for "5"... ;D... 8)