Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 346391 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #1170 on: December 19, 2015, 06:26:21 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Now stop feeling "Sorry" for yourself  ::) ::) Just get back on that 4 wheeler and "Guess" again  :P that's what the "Big Boy's" on TV do...and they get paid for it  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1171 on: December 19, 2015, 09:22:27 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Only pay I got this mornin was cold hands pullin a rat out of a coni  ::) ::) ::) ::) 27°...that's nice  8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #1172 on: December 19, 2015, 07:04:05 PM »
Just to let you sissy trappers that get cold hands when catching one marsh rat or get cold at just getting out of the truck to look a set. Un like four wheeler trappers and road driving trappers. I only set back far enough were only men go and trap. This is how a real trapper gets it done! I jump out of bed at 5 am made breakfast out side on the grill. Took a little longer cook time because of the wind but that is fine i have all day. Then after a great breakfast I went out to the shed fumbled around finding stuff and untangle my traps useing only using my flash light and put new readable trap tags on the ones I decide to take along after these wily mink. I never tried to get too fancy you know with lights and all that stuff city folk need in there shed. I am just hoping this nice weather keeps the raccoons in there dens and out of my traps. Even though I keep these mink leg hold sets pretty much coon proof anyways, you just never know. After I sat along the river just looking at a duck hunting spot I hunted when I was a kid.  Then it was time for me too head home and just sharpen my knife and make supper and wait.  That's how a real trapper does it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:07:45 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1173 on: December 20, 2015, 05:48:49 AM »
Good luck tough guy.
I like trapping out of the truck or calling on stand for 15-20 minutes in cold weather. Am getting soft.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1174 on: December 20, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D ;D ;D DAMN! Trying to win the "Can You Top This Award for 2015"? Well sorry but I am going to bring you back to reality  :P and shoot holes in your "HALLUCINATION's"... :o  1. It's been so long since you "Jumped" I'll bet you don't even remember how to do it.  ;) 2. Real trappers like "Hern" don't namby pamby around grilling breakfast  :P When they get to the 1st trap they eat the critter raw  :o  3. You don't go anywhere without your "Carnivore headlamp" cause your scared of the dark...I asked your brother  ::) he said your a little weenie... :P Come back next year with a better  ;D more believable TALE!!    :P :P :P :P :P :P :P............... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1175 on: December 20, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Yea and I'm waitin for him to catch his lil finners in one of his old rust traps in 24° weather  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D see how high he jumps then!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1176 on: December 21, 2015, 05:46:51 AM »
 ;D ;D Goose it won't be a jump per se  :P more like the type of movement associated with spaghetti sauce simmering in a pot  :P a little upheaval of the carcass at best  :o He's at camp  ::) and has forgotten which mushrooms UB told him to stay away from  :P :P :P.............Not to worry he's OK today  ;D ;D he's gone quiet after reading his own post  :-X  to embarrassed  :-[ :-[  can't live up to any of it  :o :o.............. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1177 on: December 21, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »
 :( :( :( They say we could get up to 2" of rain in the next day or so  :P :P :P Well I plan on pulling my water traps anyhow... :) :) :) :) for the first time since I put out water traps  ??? ??? ??? I came home with nuttin caught  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Time to focus my efforts elsewhere  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #1178 on: December 21, 2015, 10:20:36 PM »
Going to be a good year to set cable restraints... Just might make it through the 3 weeks I set them without any large snow falls.. I don't mind the snow and they do work in them but wow what a gift to be able to use the restraints in nice weather.. Also I do know they are meant to work in bad weather too... 

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1179 on: December 22, 2015, 07:06:22 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? Goose what do you think has happened to "Jumper Wilson"? ??? ??? ??? You don't think he tried to actually jump off of something  ::) in all this rain  :P and has broken his Keester!  :o ........ 8)  Check out this link  ::)        pops-wm.com

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1180 on: December 22, 2015, 10:06:22 AM »
 :( :( :( Das nine for me!!  ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1181 on: December 23, 2015, 11:19:06 AM »
 :( :( :( :( And the next day it rained again  :P :P :P :P where is the snow?? ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #1182 on: December 23, 2015, 11:49:41 AM »
Jasper
Topic global warming. Thanks for your concern about my  keister but it is find, a little sore from sliding down mountains checking my long trap line.
But the reason I have not been on the boards is I have been living in the woods for the last couple of days studying the affects of the El Nino has on trap lines. This weather change could play havoc for the non professional trappers. I have no solid information to report on yet but have a note book full of information that needs compiled. Currently traps continue to remained empty during this El Nino but as soon as I figure it out I am sure I will be busy skinning fur.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1183 on: December 23, 2015, 01:45:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Jaspr1...that's what buckcheat has been doin.."El Nino"....here he thought that was a new sombrero hat dance  :o :o :o thus he tried it out only to slide down the mountain  :P :P :P :P :P Folks up there thought BigFlipper was on the loose!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1184 on: December 24, 2015, 02:16:36 AM »
here I sit Christmas eve, and friggen thunderstorms are rollin through... what's up with this weather?...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...