Author Topic: any one please help!!!!!!!!  (Read 2142 times)

Offline archery22-250

any one please help!!!!!!!!
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »
i have been hunting for over 30 years.. shot some deer in archery and gun seasons.. i hunted a farm in chester county for many years...well this year new owners bought it and only family can hunt it.. since 2000 i have been hunting this land and now its gone!!!! i hunted to first day on shot gun on state game lands 43.. wow!!!! what a change... there are some crazy people out there... any one that can leed me in the right direction on getting land to hunt in 5c would be much appreciated!!!!! i wanted to take my 9 year old daughter out but i AM NOT LETTING HER ON THE GAME LANDS.. especially state game lands 43 .. down by french creek..  thanks for  any bodys help on  this
take ur kid hunting

Offline takemrarely

• Junior Forum Member
Re: any one please help!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:19:42 AM »
Unfortunately this is a sign of the times.

We lost our honey hole over 10 years ago....wasn't even that good of a spot...just somewhere you could go without running into a bunch of people.

On a good note, I saw fewer people hunting public land this year than ever before....if they all give up, I will have a public honey hole....ha ha

Offline archery22-250

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »
i had a real bad experience on state game lands 14 years ago . that made me stop hunting state game lands ..but the loss of my old land left me with no options
take ur kid hunting

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:25:09 AM »
I hunt in 5c and have a few spots...but im going to tell you... getting permission is going to be hard most spots are taken ...guess knocking on doors next year in August is you best bet...
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
My advice also would be to look for any gamelands close by off the beaten path.  We hunted water company land that was open to the public also.  For a good 10 years maybe 12 hunters would be on hundreds of acres.  Last year I went by and it was loaded with cars.  I noticed though they had posted signs saying it was open to hunting.

Also look for land in the cooperative program.  You have to ask, but its usually always a yes.  These landowners get tax breaks and trees to plant for letting hunters on it.  Sometimes they even stock a few pheasant.

I would honestly ask around come spring.  If its just for your daughter explain that you are mentoring and she will be the actual hunter.  Bring her with you so they can meet her.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1