Author Topic: Anterless tags depletion of in certain areas  (Read 1604 times)

uncle buck

Anterless tags depletion of in certain areas
« on: August 06, 2013, 03:04:43 AM »
Was shocked to see the WMU 4C only had  626  tags left Sunday eve... Now they are all sold.. Same for 4B.  That usually happens fast anyway  4B.

I started thinking about the 5A and 5B areas... CWD from those escaped deer in that area... Wow plenty of tags left in those two areas this year... last year prior to the announcement of the CWD I couldn't even get a 5B tag on my last pick.. Doesn't look like that going to happen this year... Was just thinking could the draw down heavy in other areas be the hunters that normally would have gone to  WMU that the CWD was reported previously...

OK so if you get a deer in the CWD WMU  areas from last year... Will you have to take it to a check station for a test this year by a biologist?

Something how happenings actually could cause people to change their hunting patterns.

I wanted my  2ND tag to be WMU 4C.  Thanks to God I did get one of the  626 tags that were remaining.  I was glad that the county treasurer that I sent my application too. Worked mine today instead of letting it sit for a couple days..

We will have to see how the tags are drawn down for the last pick.. More then likely I will elect to hunt in the 5A or  5B area instead of getting a tag in NEPA.  By the way I never fill all my tags... I am happy with just one deer and that never happens either some years.:)  I just like to be able to take my gun for a walk in different deer woods!!!  this year I got a crossbow too so  I will see how it feels to hunt the rut like other archery hunters...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:10:35 AM by uncle buck »