Author Topic: LICENSE DISPLAY REQUIREMENT  (Read 9572 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
LICENSE DISPLAY REQUIREMENT
« on: December 19, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »
GAME COMMISSION APPLAUDS REPEAL OF LICENSE DISPLAY REQUIREMENT

New law takes effect on Feb. 13

HARRISBURG – Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Carl G. Roe today applauded the enactment of legislation that will remove the requirement for hunters and trappers to display their licenses on an outer garment. The law takes effect in 60 days.

House Bill 735, sponsored by Rep. Keith Gillespie (R-York), was unanimously approved by the House on June 15, and was approved by a vote of 46-3 in the Senate.  Gov. Tom Corbett signed the bill into law today, which will take effect on Feb. 13.

“Since 2003, the Game Commission has been supporting various drafts of legislation sponsored by Rep. Gillespie and Rep. Neal Goodman (D-Schuylkill) to remove this antiquated requirement,” Roe said. “With today’s new license format, this change in law will make hunting less complicated, improve license management by hunters and trappers, and limit the inconveniences and troubles associated with lost or misplaced licenses.

“While we are pleased with the change in law, it is important to remember that the new law doesn’t take effect for 60 days.  So, hunters and trappers will need to continue to wear their licenses on an outer garment until Feb. 13.”

"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: LICENSE DISPLAY REQUIREMENT
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
Remember, you still have to have the license with you in the field and identification also, such as a driver license.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »
I photocopied my drivers license and stuffed that in with my license, my real drivers license stays in my truck with my wallet.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »
Great! It's hard to believe the PGC would actually do something that makes sense.  Maybe they will allow semi auto rifles for predator hunting soon, and semi auto .22's for trapping purposes and squirrel hunting. I am sure that is to much to hope for.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »
I photocopied my drivers license and stuffed that in with my license, my real drivers license stays in my truck with my wallet.

Ryan.

A photocopy of a DL doesnt really meet the requirements of positive ID
some WCO's may accept it, but many do not
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 08:37:51 PM »

Ryan.

rephrase.....a COLOR photocopy. (worked for me)
note~ an expired DL is absolutely no good. ( like the one that they punch a hole in when you get a new one)

L2F.....are the photocopy ones ok on your end?  Have you incountered this yet ?
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »

Ryan.

note~ an expired DL is absolutely no good. ( like the one that they punch a hole in when you get a new one)

I'm sure that if I did get fined I would win it in court. Idk I'm not concerned with it

Ryan.
District 4

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »
I doubt you will because a photocopy is not a valid photo id anywhere you need to provide one.  just saying
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »

Ryan.

I have accepted photocopies, but it all is situation dependant.
If someones information comes into question, I may ask for further positive id such as a valid DL

My main point is, if I chose to accept it, doesnt mean that all officers will (or should) as I said above, it is all situation dependant

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »

Ryan.

I have accepted photocopies, but it all is situation dependant.
If someones information comes into question, I may ask for further positive id such as a valid DL

My main point is, if I chose to accept it, doesnt mean that all officers will (or should) as I said above, it is all situation dependant

Are you a WCO?

And I agree with you, its situation dependent for sure.  I've never ran into a WCO anywhere other than my vehicle anyhow so. I don't know.

Ryan.
District 4