Author Topic: Another buck down!!  (Read 2721 times)

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
Another buck down!!
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »
This one was in PA right across the road from my house nice big bodied crop fed buck dressed out at 150lbs my biggest buck yet shot him at 30 yards quartering away smoked him through the heart and lungs ran 50 yards and watched him go down
had him on camera this past august right under the tree that i shot him outta of he was actually fighting the four point in this picture right before i shot him tonight first signs of rut already happening because the fighting and saw the four point messing around chasing a young doe also

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
Re: Another buck down!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:08 PM »
Great buck man. Sounds like your having some luck this year. Keep rocking it man. Congrats.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 12:30:40 AM »
thanks man and yea ive been very fortunate so far this hunting season i feel very blessed hopefully the trend continues on into fox season coming up  ;D

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »
Congrats...you guys are starting to rub off on me...feeling a lil pressure to fill my tag out. Hopefully I stay firm on my personal antler restrictions this year...nothing under 18 inches wide is legal for me to shoot.

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »
I don't know what I'd even do if I would see a buck in the woods, I wish I had buck luck.  In due time however. Still awesome buck and congrats man and I think it'll carry over for you.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »
wow nightmare wish i had those standards the two buck ive harvested in the past two weeks are my biggest so far so im working my way up  ;D and 7point what area are ya hunting in ? and thanks again

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 01:10:35 PM »
 prdator 94  I hunt in 4D mostly. Do a little hunting in 4B. I have 3 shoulder mounts of really nice buck and around 8 sets of 2.5 year old bucks sitting at home. I have gotten a little picky about the buck I shoot the last couple years. I did shoot a nice 3.5 year old 9 ptr on Monday. I was wanting to upload a photo of him but haven't figured out how to do that yet. He was a year younger than I wanted, but I called him in right under my stand and just couldn't pass him up. He is only 17 inches wide. So I succumbed to a little buck fever there. I didn't want to shoot anything under 18, but he had such a big body and his rack is really heavy. Some tell me the deer is 4.5...I disagree. lol I figured he was a shooter and once I tugged the trigger on my release my buck tag was filled and now I have to wait another whole year....:(  At least I can hunt varmints!

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 02:27:38 PM »
 o ok gotcha yea if you've already harvested those i understand.. and whereabouts in 4d do u hunt? you dont have to give any secrets  :-X i was just curious cause our hunting cabin is in 4d also in the loganton area.. in fact im going up either tonight or tomorrow morning to make some hay deliveries with my dad because we actually do some hay farming up there on the amish farm that our cabin is on... hopefully have a little time to do some yote hunting too saw one up there this summer and have been seeing tracks also so u never know maybe ill get lucky havent called a yote in yet cause mainly fox down where i live

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »
Congratulations!!
FayetteNam