Author Topic: Gun Mounted Lites  (Read 26552 times)

uncle buck

Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 11:27:45 PM »
Thank you for the good news Buckwheat.

I would like to say thank you also to Joe Zaffuto and Elwood Wilson for representing the PAPHA at the fixed light meeting.  I appreciate your efforts.   I also passed on a P. M. to the other two members of PAPHA since I knew there forum names.   Again Thank You All.

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
Posted Subject
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »
Just made a check of the House of Representatives, House Committee Meeting Schedules, The Game & Fisheries Committee will convene in open session on Tuesday April 24, 2007 in the Ryan Office Building, Harrisburg.

They will be working on HB 881 (Unlawful use of lights while hunting) along with HB 747 (Elk Hunting License) and HB13 (Limiting Liability of Owners of land & water areas.)

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
Posted Subject
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
The Game & Fisheries Committee took action on HB 881 and it passed unanimously on April 25, 2007.

The bill now goes to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote.

The bill passed as written - no amendments were offered to allow for a supplemental gun mounted light. The proposer of the bill Represenatitive Haluska would have to be contacted with a proposed amendment.

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
Posted Subject
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »
HB881 was taken off of the table on April 30, 2007. We have to keep an eye on the bill to watch for any movement and to see if there is any action regarding a proposed amendment being added to allow for a gun mounted light.

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
Posted Subject
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 06:01:51 PM »
HB 881 - Second consideration was presented to the House of Representatives today (May 8, 2007) and was agreed on. It was also re-committed to Appropriations, May 8, 2007.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 07:37:12 PM »
HB881 comes back out on the house floor Monday morning for the last time. I and others have talked to any House representative that was willing to listen, however, if no representative from the Game and Fisheries fights on our behalf Monday; it will head to the senate.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 09:16:02 PM »
Well I was out having fun taking some nice wild life video pictures of some fence lizards I found; when George Rue calls me on my cell and asked if I had seen this weeks schedule for the Senate Game and Fisheries. Tuesday 10:30 HB881 is out on the floor, I hope you guys called your Senator, if not you only have tomorrow.
Thanks George
Ernie

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

longhair

Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »
Sorry Ernie, I thought that I could take the weekend off and just not think about anything. But as I just found out, you can't let some issues ride.  :roll:

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
posted subject
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »
Beside contacting our Senator's; will the PPHA be presenting testimony and request an amendment to HB 881, today in person before the Senate Game & Fisheries Committee hearing on this issue?

longhair

Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2007, 11:45:45 AM »
Just keep watching for updates. I think this is gonna happen soon. Which way it goes, I'm not sure. But I just got off the phone and was assured that the amendment was gonna be added. Until I see it in writing it won't be a sure thing. I'm on this people !!!!! I've put too much time and effort to let this slip between my fingers.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 07:47:32 PM »
Nightlight
I can understand your concern about some one making our statement known to the senators since you have been out of the loop. but PPHA has made it views known to anyone that would listen. The end result is PPHA has Representatives and Senators that have heard our request. A lot of these guys are hunters too and like to help all the hunting sports. So, I do not know anyone else who can add the amendment besides them. Today I was read the amendment for HB881 so it has been written but will need to be brought to the floor tomorrow, there is some laser light and other wording included that was necessary. Some of this writing is spawned from PPHA statements on the gun mounted light and our discussion on its use with the PGC.
  So tomorrow, if these elected officials can add an amendment to HB881 tomorrow they will.  But it will still need voted on and needs to pass in its amended form to make this a good bill.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
Posted Subject
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
I just received this information from the PGC this morning.

Here is the new wording for the Amendments to House Bill NO. 881 to allow for a gun mounted light.

Section 2308.  Unlawful devices and methods.

(b) Exceptions.-- The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(iii)   (A) A flashlight or spotlight may be mounted on a firearm to take furbearers , if the sole source of power for the flashlight or spotlight is contained within the flashlight or spotlight or on the person.

(B) For the purposes of this subparagraph, a flashlight or spotlight mounted on a firearm shall not include a device that projects a beam of laser light to indicate the intended point of impact for one or more projectiles discharged from the fire.  

Amend Sec. 1 (Sec.2310), page 1, line 12, by inserting after "(1)"
           (i)

Amend Sec. 1 (Sec. 2310), page 1, line 15, by striking out "or worn on the head" and inserting

, worn on the head or mounted on a firearm to take furbearers,

Amend Sec. 1 (Sec. 2310), page 1 lines 16 and 17, by striking out all of said lines and inserting

the flashlight or spotlight is contained within the flashlight or spotlight or on the person.

(ii) For the purposes of this paragraph, a flashlight or spotlight mounted on a firearm shall not include a device that projects a beam of laser light to indicate the intended point of impact for one or more projectiles discharged from the firearm.

Offline gdragon

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed until noon. Let us know when/if you hear something. Good work everybody!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2007, 09:47:28 AM »
Do they have the final vote today?
I was planning on supporting this amendment
at the PA trappers convention.