Author Topic: Gun Mounted Lites  (Read 26556 times)

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lites
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:25:06 PM »
I was just looking at PGCs proposed changes for 07_ 08 and seen nothing on gun mounted lites. Please keep trying guys I appreciate what your doing.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
Rosko
The meeting is next week about the gun mounted light, but it sure would be nice if the law was already there. However, this type of hunting light change there is no guarantee or set time or if this change will ever take place. We will however continue to pursue this to its conclusion and our strength in numbers will surely help. Thanks, and I have received you application.
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:40:32 AM »
Buckwheat                                                                                                                                                                                                       Thanks for the info. keep us posted on how the meeting go,s.Maybe a patition signed by the hunters would help.                                                                                                     Rosko

Offline gdragon

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »
Do we have anybody from the club going to the meeting?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »
yes there are three members going.  the past and present officers of the club are responsible for getting the meeting date.  and those members that are helping with the presentation thanks.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »
I would like to announce the names of the PPHA members that are representing PPHA in favor of the gun mounted light next week. These guys are not just an asset to there communities they live in they are good predator hunters to boot. What more could a club ask for. Elwood Wilson has over thirty years working in law enforcement as a deputy game officer and just received an award for doing 30 years of hunter safety training will help by explaining safety and target identification. Joe Zaffuto has made a career also as a law enforcement officer for around 20 years and as a deputy game officer for 5 or more years. Both these PPHA members are trained in proper gun handling.  Joe will be demonstrating the proper gun mounted light method us predator hunters should have able for us to use wile predator hunting at night. I will be there to represent PPHA stance for the gun mounted light and to express also how safety and target identification and beyond can also be afected. This gun mounted light is user friendly in the field and would also help to in crease chances for a humane kill for predators and hunter success.
Ernie

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

BP

Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »
It sounds like we have the right guys representing us. Who'd be better than fellows who carry weapons to make a living.  Good luck!  ...and THANKS!

Offline gdragon

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 08:13:46 PM »
So how did the meeting go?

longhair

Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »
Hope everybody is safe. Sounds like the snows pretty deep over there. :shock:

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 08:27:34 PM »
The meeting went great, but it is too soon for anyone to know what the end results are from the meeting.
 I can say we were represented as good as we could have hoped for. Your new officially appointed PPHA VP Ben Woods was there for club support. This team of people sent there to represent PPHA did a great job. Joe Zaffuto and Elwood Wilson did a great job to say the least; they were right at home there. We were represented in the most professional manor possible. I am proud to have been with these fellow members. They need a standing applause for there job well done and they should be thanked by all predator hunters, not just PPHA members for there efforts.
Ernie

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

longhair

Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »
Thanks fellows and may common sense prevail. :wink:

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 08:51:59 PM »
Thanks guys!  We really appreciate your efforts.

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 11:29:10 PM »
Thanks guys for being the reps. for the PPHA. And for all you do to help .
PPHA District 3

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
good deal... if this flies, it'll be a great day for the woods hunter, or someone who doesn't use a tripod or rest of some other type...

thanks guys for a job well done...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lites
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 11:29:27 AM »
Thank you very much for your time and efforts....Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!