Author Topic: Your Always Learning the color of predator eyes.  (Read 3883 times)

uncle buck

Your Always Learning the color of predator eyes.
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »
There was a time I would say that a coyotes eyes are this color and a red fox eyes are this color etc etc etc.... However with the use of the Red Kill Light....Gee all of their eyes are red now!!!!!

See so many things impact eye color.... Moon Phase, Dark Night,, Cloudy Night,  Nitelite pop red lens,   Western River Red Pop Lens, Generic red lens, Red Dykem painted red lens, Red gift Cellophane red wrapping material, and or Red plastic drinking glass,   so lens material or how applied and the night time conditions can eyes to be different colors...Love the red intensity of the Kill Light!!!!!Also....allows you to use any kind of daytime scope without any illuminated recticle..This alone can allow you to use all your rifles for night time predator hunting if you use a Kill Light to illuminate the predator...

I wonder when we are going to see Kill Light equals to start to show up on the shelves of department stores like TJMAXX, Ross, Marshals etc..It's just a matter of time before the industry is saturated with this type of the bulb.  Probably some near dirt cheap too!!!    
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:04:22 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Your Always Learning the color of predator eyes.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:18:51 PM »
I have never seen a different color or shade of eye when shining a red colored light at a predator or even a deer or cow or anything else that reflects back.  you shine red in you get red out.  and that includes the predator light, the kill light, a nite light, and various lights I painted the lens red with either sharpie or dykem.  shinin a white light at a predator will result in different color eyes. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
  • There aint no such thing as too dead...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »
I love my kill light but do not like the "all eyes are red" problem you are talkin about. I had more than one deer come into my callin that I almost made a big mistake with cuz of that.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 06:06:51 AM »
i once had a coyotes eyes glow like a whitish green color using the red the same old red lense i always used.  not sure why but they were different to say the least.  also sometimes a coyotes eyes glow like a grey and sometimes they look like a reds.