Author Topic: Tru Glo Red/Green Dot Scope  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Bill

Tru Glo Red/Green Dot Scope
« on: February 23, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
I was going through my Hunting "Locker" and found a Tru Glo scope I must have bought a few years ago put in my collection and forgot about, I am thinking about putting it on my Remington 1100 for coyote hunting, I was wondering if anyone uses this type of scope on their gun and what are your pros and cons on using this type of scope?

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Tru Glo Red/Green Dot Scope
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:00:02 PM »
I have one mounted on my Rem 870....and love it ;)....works good on fox, coyotes, and turkeys... ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
+1
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »
I think you all talking about the Truglo dot that people use on shotgun not the illuminated TruGlo recticle scope.  The scope...I have one with the illuminated recticle on one of my 17 Center Fires... don't like it because you can't reduce the intensity down real low.. In other words the recticle on the regular rifle scope is a bit to intense for rifle shooting at night.. However... It sure does illuminate well.  So if the Tru Glo dot type  scope illumination intensity can be dropped down real low.. I'd say it probably a winner!!!  see on dark nights you really just want that illumination to be just about there not to intense.. Too Intense means all you see in the scope is illumination but you can't see the predators eyes well...It's to overpowering...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:23:56 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:24:14 AM »
UB,  I beg to differ with you on this.... :) as my TruGlo has several intensity settings for both red and green and it is a dot...and the first setting is the least intense and works great and the battery is on it's second year ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »
UB is talking about the rifle scope and he is correct.  I have both.  The red dot is fine but the rifle scope can be a little strong even though it is adjustable.  I love both of them however and use the one all the time on my .204.  My shotgun has the red dot on it.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »
Sorry I didn't see crosshairs anywhere >:(....
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »
Pagoose..You don't have to say your sorry... I understand... I actually went down and looked at the scope to make sure I didn't get it mixed up with the BSA illuminated scope.. No like Look4fur said yes it the 3 X 9 40 MM rifle scope... It just won't allow you to take it down just a little bit more... Now don't get me wrong I too like it for hunting but..I know that if your cross hairs are illuminated to much the fox eyes become hidden and you could miss the fox..By the way...The BSA illuminated scope I have on the 22 WMR.. yep that too illuminated recticle is just a bit to much at the lower setting.. However... Now all of this lack of illumination doesn't work on dark dark dark dark nights... The more moon you have the more illumination is needed so..Under the right conditions the TruGlo 3 X 9 40 MM will work.. But not on NEW MOON nights... Also I would buy the Truglo Red Dot scope for my shotgun. 

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 07:09:58 AM »
I use a Tru Glo Red/Green Dot Scope and used an AimPoint for around the pass 14-15 seasons on shotgun.
I wouldn't hunt Predators or spring Turkeys without one.
I have zero power with different setting of brightness. Love the red dots.
Give it a try.