Author Topic: deer activity  (Read 1991 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
deer activity
« on: February 13, 2011, 06:33:10 AM »
been seeing alot of deer activity on the rural roads around home in the last 2-3 days , early evening and am. anybody else see an increase in movement lately??
district #1

uncle buck

Re: deer activity
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:42:52 AM »
First of all good for you... You need to hunt close by these spots for coyotes  if you have permission to hunt private land or there is a public land  near by.  I have notice too when the deer are along the roads feeding there's a good bet that coyotes are deeper into the woods.

There are a lot of deer around now. I see them and this snow that's on the ground never lies. Some places look like an interstate high way with all the tracks.. I have notice coyote droppings along the deer trails.. our coyotes acting like wolves of the tundra following the caribou..

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »
I sure have been seeing a lot of deer. I went for a walk the other day and saw around 50-60 deer! No coyote tracks.

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »
Sure is a lot... Going to be a lot of deer hit by cars that's for sure... Ah that's the negative side of land owners not allowing some of the deer to be harvested.. However makes for outstanding coyote hunting in February and March... Rascals...Always trying.. wishing and hoping they can pull down a deer.. Then...They probably are hoping for a driver of a vehicle to just hit one right that it dies just off the road.. Just ain't sporting for a coyote with one of those insurance tags in their ears to get one of the deers that were hit by cars... Tags in ears means coyotes are suppose to kill them before they hit a car!!! ;D ;D