Author Topic: Night Time hunting and the rifle rest (think Tripod)  (Read 1778 times)

uncle buck

Night Time hunting and the rifle rest (think Tripod)
« on: February 07, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
Truly just think about it for a minute.. Your calling and you sitting on the ground using a Harris Pod.  There is stubble corn in the field and rolling hills with dips in it.. Why would you want to use a Harris Bi Pod and be sitting? Truly for night time hunting you need to be standing and using a TRIPOD.. You can see over the stubble corn (MOST TIMES) you can see the critters coming in all directions, and you will be able to see the predators moving in and out of the dips in the fields.. Sitting an calling at night ....You selling yourself short...You need to stand tall so you can see things approaching on the horizon.

Over the years I have used all kind of shooting rest... You really get what you pay for when it comes to rifle rest.. Why the Primos Trigger Styks TRIPODS do work... I am not totally impressed with it for the price... The legs at time stick and will not drop down when you activate the trigger.  At about $129.00 it's over priced... I also had to add a $20.00  rifle rest that you add to camera tripods to make it work and steady my shot better..