Author Topic: Red Light or White Light or red blue light (blood) over snow for scanning  (Read 1701 times)

uncle buck

I was hunting last night and was using all of the subject lights over snow at one time or another. Notice it was only the red that made the cows eyes more intense of the other two lights. Also it was the red that only caused the reflectors on the farm equipment to light up while both the White and red/blue did not illuminate the reflectors on the equipment at all.. This kind of IMO make the KIRK theory of using a white light or even yellow light a a scanning light not true..

However.....I did notice over snow (when you need a little light to help) that a white light on the scope worked better then a red light to light up the shooting area 250 yards away better.. The red 250 Kill Light when aimed at snow and vegetation and corn stock stubble in corners of field made it near useless.

IMO snow with somewhat dark conditions the red light still the best for SCANNING... However when using a light for shooting long distances Attached to SCOPE the white light was better then the red to illuminate the target area. Here you not worry about eyes.. You want to brighten up the target area just a bit.. Also my white shooting light that I attached was just a white flash light.

Also another thing that compounds all of this is the moon phase too..Looks like you need to make a flow chart that kind of says if this prevails and that prevails and this prevails use this...  LOL  LOL
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:47:04 PM by uncle buck »