Author Topic: Last Min. Hunt!  (Read 2189 times)

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
Last Min. Hunt!
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
A friend and a member of WTVH and I went on a last min. hunt yesterday. Headed out to a place he has told me about. Good looking spot. Just as we got there the wind started to blow. We setup the FX3 and started calling. Just ran off the cows but no coyotes. Pick up move to another spot and tried hand calls. No luck. Next stand set the FX3 up on a fence line Started the J.S. Flicker. Then the batts died lol. I started on my AP-6 and soon I had a coyote coming in. He stop and look right at me. aAll he could see was the sun on my glasses. But that was enough. So he buged out. We where headed to another spot when Mike seen this hog down in a low spot. He jump out of the truck and with his 6mm Rem. took the shot. The hog made a few steps and went down. About a 100 yrds. shot just as the sun went down. We tried one more stand but no luck the wind was blow. We called it and came in and had supper. Great time with a great friend.

The end of a good day and a good hunt.

Thanks Mike. Clint

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------

uncle buck

Re: Last Min. Hunt!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »
Sounded like an outstanding time in the field Clint... Thank you for sharing that with us... I do like the 6MM for deer.. I have killed red fox with it too using reduced loads...

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
Re: Last Min. Hunt!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »
Thanks UB.

Clint

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------