Author Topic: 25 Coyote hunts slated this winter  (Read 7704 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
25 Coyote hunts slated this winter
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »
According to outdoor news there is a minimum of 25 coyote hunts slated for this winter. I also noticed that its all about money and getting memberships. I see very few pictures of coyote kills on this web site. Interesting
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:43:18 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 25 Coyote hunts slated this winter
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
so uh what are you getting at fp51?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
I'm surprised they have so many coyote hunts with so few coyotes being taken. I can only remember one coyote pictured here and it was from last year.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
I'm not buying it.  your fishing for something. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
Nothing to buy. The only coyote contest to enter is Cresson. Payouts are to low at other hunts and odds of getting a coyote in Pa in a certain period of time is super low.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:04:58 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 01:13:44 PM »
According to outdoor news there is a minimum of 25 coyote hunts slated for this winter. I also noticed that its all about money and getting memberships. I see very few pictures of coyote kills on this web site. Interesting
whats interesting?  that is all coyote hunts ever were about was membership numbers and fundraisers. 

I'm surprised they have so many coyote hunts with so few coyotes being taken. I can only remember one coyote pictured here and it was from last year.
why are you surprised?  I believe mosquito creek and cresson both have decent turn outs for their hunts.  mosquito creeks hunt is the biggest and longest running hunt in the east.

Nothing to buy. The only coyote contest to enter is Cresson. Payouts are to low at other hunts and odds of getting a coyote in Pa in a certain period of time is super low.

a year ago you were on the bandwagon with someone else knocking cresson down because they allowed hound hunting.  now they are the only coyote contest to enter?  ???  like I said I am not buying it.  why the sudden change in heart?  why do you change your mind so much?  why even bring up how many coyotes are shown killed on this board?  ever think some people don't tell everyone about their kills?  why do you edit your posts so many times?  what was the intention on even starting this thread? 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
 I have no problem hunting coyotes with dogs. I think a predator calling contest should be that CALLING ONLY. To many contest take coyotes in which are taken with dogs in a calling contest. That is pure wrong and not fair to callers. Any contest like that is unethical. Nothing wrong to edit a post. I think that is what its there for?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:32:06 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »
That was not me on hound hunting. I have no problem with it. I think a predator calling contest should be that Calling ONLY. To many contest take coyotes in which are taken with dogs in a calling contest. That is pure wrong and not fair to callers. Any contest like that is unethical. Nothing wrong to edit a post. I think that is what its there for?

which contest is a strictly coyote calling contest?  cresson and mosquito creek and prob the other 25 hunts are coyote hunting contests.  hound hunting is exactly that hunting. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
So you say coyotes can be taken in most contests by baiting, calling or dogs, ? I'll take the baiting and dogs first.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »

So you say coyotes can be taken in most contests by baiting, calling or dogs, ? I'll take the baiting and dogs first.

mosquito creeks rules.  http://www.mosquitocreeksportsmen.com/Rules%20&%20Regulations.htm

cresson sportsmans rules. http://www.cressonsportsmans.com/Documents/coyote%20hunt%20registration%20form%202011.pdf

looks like both are allowed.  as long as you follow the PGC rules then you should be fine.  go ahead and take the baiting and dogs first.  its your right.  again what was the point of this thread?

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
Ben does there allways have to be a point? Just a discussion. Thank you for responding and the rules on the two hunts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:56:39 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 01:57:39 PM »
Ben does there allways have to be a point? Just a discussion. Thank you for responding.

no there doesn't always have to be a point.  But from knowing your history there is a hidden reason why you posted it.   

why would it be interesting that there are very little kills of coyotes posted on this website?  you failed to answer this. 

what does the number of coyote hunts in pa have anything to do with how many coyote pictures are posted on this board?  just making discussion.  ::)  maybe some don't post pictures for fear of being turned in on some bogus claim?

Renny

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »
I like posting pictures.... ::)

Dist 9 Trappers is having a yote hunt with a 2000.00 grand prize.

Why bother BB????????

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »
I know I shouldn't worry with it.  it won't go anywhere anyhow.   ::)

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
My brother Tom, my nephew Eric and I had an outstanding time hunting coyotes in last years Mosquito Creek Hunt...We all used lands we knew had coyotes on... Called in 4 coyotes.. That was our fault that we did not kill any but it was one of the best times we ever had in the great outdoors...We did get some shooting that's for sure......Had we killed all four that would have looked good on here.. The good Lord did not warrant it... No Cigar!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:13:09 PM by uncle buck »