Author Topic: Ammo? Every have problem with factory ammo?  (Read 1877 times)

uncle buck

Ammo? Every have problem with factory ammo?
« on: December 03, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
I had a problem with two boxes Winchester silver box Super X 3006 150 gainers a few years back. Two boxes yet the same day at the range. Had a problem with them firing in two different 3006's. Purchased two at the time to get a rebate back..

Now when I went and used Remington Corelokt and Federal 150 gainers I had no problem..  Anybody else have problem with any kind of factory ammo before?
Never had a problem with reloads...They always fire for me....

Offline jaybird

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Ammo? Every have problem with factory ammo?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »
i've had serious grouping problems and 2 failure to fires out of a single box of remington 180 corelokt for my 30.06, it was only one box because soon afterwards i bought an rcbs rock chucker setup and took some pointers from my uncle.... no more problems, unless you consider much more bullet options for every rifle i shoot, more tuning options, etc to be a bad thing...hehe 

and to make it worse, once i reloaded that one box of remington brass just once and fired it again, i found the primer pockets to be loose, and 4 split necks... and the loads were not hot at all....

needless to say, i don't buy remington ammo anymore... just remington shotguns and model 788's  ;D

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Ammo? Every have problem with factory ammo?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:51:18 PM »
I had an issue with a box of federal 22 mags last year.  Needed to pull trigger, reseat round then it would shoot. 
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1