Author Topic: Hand held activated electronic callers a true rifleperson tool  (Read 1587 times)

uncle buck

Hand held activated electronic callers a true rifleperson tool
« on: November 30, 2010, 10:32:14 PM »
Rifleperson.....A well scoped rifle with an illuminated scope, shooting rest and a tool to bring in the predators.
If your a rifle person...All you need to do is to get the predator to make it's arc or show it's self at about 100 to 250 yards out.. You want the predator to kind of hone in on the sound..Approach you and then when it's in range you shoot it..
Some of the hand held type electronics callers are excellent for this. The Johnny Stewart Preymaster, I think that's the MK 3, uses a wire from the keypad to the caller...User can activate two sounds at one time..These things have gotten real cheap...I have seen them $99.00 down to $68.00. they use to cost about $150.00. Even the Cass creek hand held callers are excellent for the rifle person..
Hand held units are great for coyote hunting with rifle at night and day, gray fox hunting at night and day. Grays come into the speaker real easy, Coon hunting they come into the speaker too. However um red fox...Only with a rifle does the hand held work the best... Reds tend to hold up and the hand held units just do not work well getting you in range with a shotgun. A's you know these calls you do have to keep pushing the button periodically to get these units to continue to work... They are light weight...Also they would work great for calling down from the top of a ridge for bobcat, fox, and coyotes during the daytime hours and night... Of course again it's the rifle that works the best with these hand held units..
They are excellent tools for the crow hunter too..I never really lay wire when I do use my JS Preymaster non-remote call... I just let the speaker just lay out in front of me when I am calling predators.. See when you go out to lay wire your exposing yourself to predators that will see you.  I have started to use the rifle and a good shooting rest for night time predator calling.. More and more I am going to use the light weight Preymaster to just get the predators attention.
  However I can guarantee you that I am not holding a shotgun in my lap..I have a well scoped rifle
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:38:11 PM by uncle buck »