Author Topic: Your favorite snow camo color?  (Read 3576 times)

uncle buck

Your favorite snow camo color?
« on: November 25, 2010, 06:59:58 PM »
When I hunt by sitting in the fields and the snow is past 6 inches I like to use all white camo...Should you get a dusting I like the white with brush and or white with dirt camo...

Cabelas made a coverall suit that many of us predator hunters use... It's a white coverall suit with some gray in it.. This works great in fields too...

I remember reading that Predator Brand Camo Fall Gray is excellent camo color when the ground just has a inch or a dusting in the fields...

Good to get white camo that is designated as hunting camo... See your bottom and the camo is usually water proof. So when you sit in the snow the wetness does not go to your butt... You start to use painter coveralls and street white winter coats. Chances are the wetness is going to go right through the fabric and your going to end up COLD.

Gander... and Cabelas sale a white cover suit... This works great just worn over warmer hunting clothes.  The top and the bottom or the cover all suit is waterproof to keep the moisture out... 

Predator Brand Camo makes a Winter White camo pattern...This stuff is good for stalking along the outside edge of fields that have brush as your background..

www.predatorcamo.com

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Your favorite snow camo color?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »
I have some cheap white and gray cloth pancho that I trimmed down.  I have been looking at the set from cabelas though.

In the winter I usually use a therma pad with a d ring and attach it to my middle belt loop above my tailbone.  This way I don't forget it, its pretty much in position to use when I sit down, and it keeps my butt from freezing.

U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »
I like the Mossy Oak brand. I personally hate anything solid in one particular color. I usually hunt woods or woods edges. A problem I run into in my woods is a couple hillside gets alot more sun than the others meaning, one will still have snow when most are still brown. I bought the mossy oak snow camo light bibs ans jacket so I can switch from brown to white camo. I don't even like solid blaze orange for deer. I'm just a creature of habit I guess.
FayetteNam

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
I still haven't sprung for snow camo yet.  not sure if its worth it yet.  during the day time I stick to the wood lines and stay still.  night time I am not worried.  maybe I should invest in some? 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
I like the Natger myself

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
I pray for snow in the winter time... Sometimes I even get to pet the red fox all because of the white camo...

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
    • NEW YORK PREDATORHUNTERS ASSOC.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 05:43:29 AM »
I like the Natger myself

The nat gear winterceptor camo I have has a weird color to it,I like the cabelas snow camo alot more.

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 01:07:59 PM »
Kings snow shadow camo for me.
Cheers,
Bill

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 04:01:07 AM »
I like the army surplus, all white, snow camo.
I have two coats, one all white other I camo'd myself with spray paint.
Big Ben, A small investment in army surplus coat and snow camo face mask is all you need. Not too much moola.

Some 'painter pants' or 'painter coveralls' are of a bright white material. Not meant for snow camo. The color stands out in my eyes, but maybe I make too much over it.