Author Topic: Can You Just Imagine That?????  (Read 1882 times)

uncle buck

Can You Just Imagine That?????
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
How busted can a Pa Eastern Coyote bust you?. When they bust you sometime they humiliate you...

I'm calling using the Foxpro FX5.  It was a bit windy so I went right to a Jackrabbit Distress.. See I was hunting close to one of my farmers property.  The house...They do trust me and allow me to shoot there..I'm really hunting fox...However the property is a bit lit up. They have pole lights next to the house.. I glance to my right and there starring at me in the lighted area right in front of the farmers porch was one of the largest eastern coyotes I ever saw.. He took off and did enter the shootable area but as you know when they get that jump on you it's to late.

I  am calling fox...In the distance I hear a police car going down a nearby major highway all of a sudden not more then 1000 yards from in a woodlot the coyotes all open up.  Dang!!!!I shut off the electronics and commenced to play with those coyotes brain...Oh about 35 minutes into the calling...Same thing happens...Coyote comes running right at me.. I am in line with the farmers house and the coyote comes running at me. I put the light and gun on him or her and it took off for another county...  Had I sat and posted on the farmers porch I would have had that coyote.. However gee who would think it would run right along the side of this farmers house..

I was using a Primos Powerdogg.. Normally I stay 45 minutes.. I decided to quit at the 35 minute mark..I shut the call off with my remote and I walk 100 yards to the Powerdogg hanging in a tree line... I remove the Powerdogg from the hook and turn around and I was shocked.. Here was a coyote just looking at me.. It was in shotgun range too. I was so depressed that I did not even shoot. Now he would have been dead for sure.

Calling fox and using the FX5 and the woodpecker sound... I called for 30 minutes for fox.. I quit and figure there were not takers.  I walked 50 yards to remove the FX5 from a small tree.. As I turn in comes a coyote...Now I took a shot at this one but he was honed in on me and the bush..The electronic  was shut down and silent. I was just me walking to the bush.

just the other day I have been going one on one with a pack of coyotes...I posted this story on the Clicking Teeth post.. However the coyote steps out after I played with it's brain but it walks out of the corn and stands on a public highway traveled country road and looks at me for 15 seconds.  He was in shotgun range but I could not shoot since I would have been breaking the law..

During last years Mosquito Creek hunt...I decided I would try something different..The snow was deep.. We could not walk in deep..I decided that I would walk in 100 yards upwind of where I was going to place two shooter. They were on my down wind side.  Me I was calling up wind of them..The plan was that the coyotes would come to may calling but Circle me and go down wind to my calling but pass in front of the two shooters.  At about the 30 minutes mark of playing with their brain via Crit-R-Call open reed calling.  I see what appears to be  two deer coming toward me  from the tree line..(Dark night with snow on the ground)  They were 30 yards up wind of me and coming toward me.. Then I notice..Two coyotes not deer..I have the Encore 17 fireball with me and I try to shoulder it and did get one quick shot at at 2 coyotes heading for another county. .. um Wish I had the Benelli SBE 11.. Anyway instead of doing what I thought they would do they came right for me from the upwind side and did not circle..

Pa Eastern Coyotes like to yank a predator hunter chain too.. Approach you in lighted areas along the farmers house, come to you when your walking to retrieve your electronic caller, show up on public highways where you can't shoot at them and come to your calling from the upwind side instead of the text book downwind side..  Many a lesson learned here and wow some outstanding excitement too.   Ah but now I have adjusted a few things and next time they may not be so lucky.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:19:04 PM by uncle buck »