Author Topic: Not new get in there and look around from your computer  (Read 1778 times)

uncle buck

Not new get in there and look around from your computer
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »
Check your hunting lands out by going here and looking what kind of terrain is on your new hunting grounds.
Also start to learn how to read land... you could go to these aerial views see the land but then say to yourself "Now What?"

Start to learn what your targeted animals like when they hang out...If you see that on the aerial view then you got a plan.
Also never go into to the cover call to the cover..especially at night when they will come out into the fields...
Look for ponds, streams, and rivers...They travel the streams and rivers. The ends of tree lines are always great place to post a shooter or where there is an opening in the middle of a tree line...Filters....heavy vegetation that narrows... Ah they have to come through there.
Something unique on the farms...Water holes, cattle, bales of hay in the field, a high point in a field, houses.....Gee use those houses to make coyotes ARC into the wind on your other side of structure.... Gee this is getting like a battle plan? Suppose it is suppose it is?

Then actual scouting on the land for the targeted animals.

Keep clicking left mouse click on the state you want and you will get closer and closer..Then click on the Aerial button and you will see your hunting area.

http://www.bing.com/maps/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:31:03 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

Re: Not new get in there and look around from your computer
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:42:18 PM »
I checked all the farms around every other farm I have permission to hunt on.. I looked for woodlots, ponds, and stream beds... Now I know on all the distant farms I do not have permission to hunt just where their cover is..Now I know when I call...If the wind is just right I can call to that cover on the distant farms and call them to farms I have permission to hunt on...After all....here we go  "The Call Is A Tool!"