Author Topic: Stereotyping Willey/ Just thinking through my fingers?  (Read 2325 times)

uncle buck

Stereotyping Willey/ Just thinking through my fingers?
« on: September 10, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »
Stereotyping Willey?  Willey is not like all the other predators in Pa...so many of us fail because he is truly new to us...
If you hunt Willey like you hunt other predators then your gong to probably fail..
Willey in Pa will come into the wind 80 % of the time...The other 20% they come in from where ever they see fit...
Red fox... yep more then likely he or she is going to get on the down wind side and approach you...
Now one would think if Willey does not come into the wind all the time why then does he bust us so...See when your looking down wind and he approaches you from the side or back the light in front of you is a dead give away that your a man...
I don't do much daytime hunting...99% of my predator hunting is at night time..Now willey has all kinds of gifts but what enhances it more is night time.. He can see through lights, detect movement in the darkness,  hear the forearm of a pump click or rattle..
I was just watching Byron South's V video... Good info of course and I always learn things from watching all kinds of videos.. Notice coyotes on there too don't always come into the wind...Maybe just maybe us Pa hunters need to hunt coyotes more in the daylight then in total darkness?  Maybe right before dark or just after sunup would put more of the odds in a humans.  Then there is the time of the year too....unlike red fox who does take a siesta somewhere on a hill even in winter coyotes need a lot of protein so they will come to calls more in the daytime in winter... 
Remember now......we are not use to Willey like the other predators of Pa...Could it be that we need to aim speakers up wind and get far enough down wind so when the coyote makes it arc it comes into the speaker  in front of us.. Him going into the wind and us down wind of his arc?
should we be using more camo and hunting our coyotes in the daytime more so then at nighttime..Oh how I wish we have winters like just 6 inches of snow on the ground all the time instead of none what so ever or blizzard that dump 8 feet of snow on the ground..
Willey is here now and his numbers are growing...If we get the right amount of snow where you can have a place to park...Just like the bountiful nighttime winter fox hunts over snow that prevail when the snow is just right..So will the coyote harvest for all of us that venture out...
Pray for snow but not in large qty.. I myself would prefer no snow then to much snow.  Problem is the parking when the heavy stuff accumulates
and going in for the carcass once you shoot something too...