Author Topic: HB 1859 has passed.  (Read 3061 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
HB 1859 has passed.
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
HB 1859 has passed the House on July 3 2010. The new anti-poaching law. It can now be a felony if you are a poacher. This is good. 90 days in jail, at least a $1000.00 fine plus 3 year license revocation for the first time offender. That includes deer and or turkey exceeding the bag limit, or killing out of season. First time offense for bear or elk is a fine up to $3000.00, 6 months in jail and 5 years no hunting. This is also good. Pa will connect with other states to notify each other of convicted offenders. Serial poachers and or committing several kills in the same incident will be filed as a felony with a sentence of up to 5 years in the big house. This too, is good. The Bill stopped short of specifically mentioning the denial of gun ownership rights. This is not good. It's a gray area that means the state may take another shot at gun owners. State rep Ed Staback (D) Lackawanna sponsored the Bill. Previously, a mistake kill could cost up to $500.00 but now it is just a $25.00 possessing fee for deer with no possibility of further charges. That too is good. The biggest problem I see with this Bill is the State leaving the door open to confiscating more guns. True, they are taking them from people who broke the law. The new law that provides more fines and jail time that some get tor Rape,  robbery, and murder. These are wild animals running around in the woods. They should not be poached. Once again, the criminals are the cause for more gun legislation. Maybe each and every town in the state could hold a "guns for groceries" program. That would surely end all crime. No more drug dealers, no more serial killers, only the ones that use guns to commit their crime, and no more personal assaults. The government can pass all the laws they want, confiscate all the guns they can and you will still have crime. In fact, more violent crime. Hang a sign on your front door stating " I have guns for protection and you may get shot if you enter illegally, however, the guy next door does not believe in guns. If I were you, that's where I would go. After all, It is much safer for you the criminal.
President PPHA

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: HB 1859 has passed.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »
Like all government big business. I doubt they will give away alot of jail time. They will certainly fine as high as possible.
It it really extreme as I agree with you and it's true that these punishments are harsher than people against people crimes.
FayetteNam