Author Topic: One more time...  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
One more time...
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:36:42 AM »
Been after a Chicken/Duck killer Coyote varmint ba$tard a few times the past two weeks with no luck.
This is a tough nut to crack. Am not an excuse maker....but the weeds, dense brush and Turkey hunter (on that property) makes for tough conditions.
Am trying again this morning.
Last evening I hunted until dark, no luck, but I did have a bright spot.

On the drive to this place, I saw a Red Fox sitting on a dirt mount (about 4:30-5:00  pm) I pulled over and backed up to see. There were two Reds, one sitting, one laying. Neat to watch 'em. After a brief time, I saw ears and eyes of another Red behind the right side of dirt mound. After a bit, that Fox showed itself and promply laid down next to dirt mound.
It was good to see Reds in this area because our Red population has been down for several years.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: One more time...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »
Hunt the killer at night Hern. That might be the only time he may respond to your calls. jmo
President PPHA

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: One more time...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:18:35 PM »
Didn't see a Coyote today. Great morning to be alive and in the woods.
Talked with farmer. He said no chickens killed this week. So I think me or the Turkey hunter spooked that flea bag. Maybe it moved it's pups to new den site.
MuttBuster, never had luck at night. I have sucess with livestock killers during daylight, near den area.
Might mow the lawn before I go fish'n later today.