Author Topic: Accurizing your gun  (Read 2492 times)

uncle buck

Accurizing your gun
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »
http://www.tcarms.com/customerService/dr_bore_butter.php

Interesting... Using two pellets you can  shoot a Thompson Center Encore Inline 50 call to hit at 2 to 3 inches at 100 yards...Not bad for a black powder gun to kill deer.  However using the loose powder you can accurize you inline to shrink your groups down.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Accurizing your gun
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:53:08 AM »
UB,

I have and love my TC Encore 50cal.  I started out with 150gr of pyrodex pellets(50gr) and a 300gr sabot.  Couldn't dial it in to save my life. So, I switched over to 777 pellets.  Put my old Simmons shotgun scope on it and had it bore sighted for me.  Took it to the range.  First shot w/o adjustments dead center @ 100yds.  Second and third shots were the same, stacked on one another.  I have not touched the adjustments on it at all in the 9-10yrs I've had it.  Furthest shot to date with is roughly 225yds offhand.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
Awesome Swarter so nice when you do not have to accurize and the gun shoots just perfect...I do have a T/C Prohunter inline...Yes it does shoot good groups with the pellets...I wonder about the other inlines...What applies to the Prohunter in line could also apply to the Wolf 209 cheapo Inline...I have one of these and wow what a cheap accurate 100 yard gun..Actually that all you need in Penns woods.  Now see that is the one I should play around with the loose stuff to see if I can even make it better...Two pellets in the Wolf 209 will kill deer at 100 yards too...

What I have found about the T/C Encore in line is that you need to clean it after every shot when zeroing it in...So much so that after the first shot it gets harder and harder to put seat the 2nd then the 3rd then the 4th shot...even the 2nd shot is rough to seat....

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
I've never had a problem reloading after first shot.  When I load my mag loaders I coat the sabot with bore butter, just enough to make them slick.  It makes them much easier to load.  I also put a tiny dab of wax on the 209 promer to keep moisture out.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:11:31 PM by swarter2 »
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff