Author Topic: bug repellant  (Read 3472 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
bug repellant
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »
i got bit up pretty good today not used to the warm weather hunting, whats everybody using ?? what about the thermacell?? or sprays??
district #1

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: bug repellant
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »
just bought a thermacell after hunting sat morning...i'll test it out this coming week and get back to the forum
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:55:04 PM »
There were some good positive comments on here a few months back.. Many people like them...I do not own a personal one but recently purchased a large one for the deck. I did so since I did see so many good comments on it...However I got mine at Ross Department store way back in Jan.... Of course as we all know Ross has Good Stuff Cheap....Hay thats not Ross that what Ollie's say...However Ross also has good Stuff Cheap Too...

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »
Been using Thermacell for a couple years now. The best when hunting hogs.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 11:08:37 PM »
Got around to using that Thermocell on my deck...The best bug chaser I ever used... I like it...probably will end up getting a personal one for when I go mushrooming in July for Chanterelle...Still will spray my clothes with the antitick spray however...

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »
Been trying to find the anti tick repelant REPEL at Wal-Mart...Stuff has been on backorder for months...did find it in a store that I will only use if I need something real bad...Sadly I needed the Repel tick spray so I found it at Target... Don't buy things there unless it's something I can't find somewhere else...

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:10:25 AM »
The best tick protection, is tick inspection. My hunting friend has Lymes Disease.
I let the little woman check me for ticks. Also a good song, thinking its Brad Paisley who sang it.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 06:15:10 AM »
The best tick protection, is tick inspection. My hunting friend has Lymes Disease.
I let the little woman check me for ticks. Also a good song, thinking its Brad Paisley who sang it.

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 10:55:57 AM »

LOL :D

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 12:59:31 PM »
You have to get one cut out of your belly and end up taking antibiotics for two weeks..You start to use the antitick spray...

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 09:12:11 PM »
Thermocell on the deck.....Outstanding.....
Thermocell you carry with you into the woods I am a bit disappointed.  Not about how it keeps Gnats and Mosquitoes away but how you have to use it...It's for the hunter or fisherperson in a stationary position. In other words if your hunting chucks, dove, ducks, deer, it's OK.  However for the hunters on the move...You can not attach it to your belt as you walk along and pick shrooms or hunt grouse, etc.  The label warns you if you do not place the Thermocell Horizontal that it could wreck the unit. So there is good and bad in any product... Thermocell works but it's not for when you move from A to B location.  Directions even tell you not to turn it on until you get to your stand and make sure the vent is facing up...Horizontal not Vertical...

However I did find an outstanding alternative for the outdoorperson that has to move:  It's called:
OFF Clip On It operates by battery and the repellant works up to 10 days in the unit.  I tried it while hunting chucks the other day.  Stuff works outstanding.. Kept the bugs away when walking from one chuck stand to the other and then while on stand too.  Check it out...Everyone has it..Saw that Home Depot has it on sale this week to: $6.90 instead of the current Wal-Mart price of about $8.50.