Author Topic: turkey vests  (Read 2610 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
turkey vests
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:26:41 PM »
thinkin about cabelas tactical tat'r II in mossy oak obsession, anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?? also thinkin about useing it for predator hunting
district #1

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: turkey vests
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »
Am on my 2nd Turkey vest over the years.
Look for good pockets, adjustable waist strap, padded back, padded seat and extras.
I also use my 'Turkey vest' for predator hunting.
Two things that don't leave the vest is pruning shears and toilet paper. Good for any sesason.
I never saw Cabelas' vest, just wanted to mention what to look for.

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »
Has anyone seen the Vest-A-Blind by Quaker Boy? Vest with large pockets, many smaller pockets, attached seat and game bag. Plus a die cut  blind that is deployed from the vest. It drops down in front of a hunter and it has two arm holes for the hunter to handle his weapon. It is pricey at $149.99 retail. Saw the ad somewhere but not seen the item. May want to check Quaker Boy web site. I am sure some retailer will discount it. 

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »
Seems like everyone has them on sale now....Cabelas, Basspro, Kinsey's....

I have a turkey vest and the only time I use it is when I call in the daytime... at night....You need to be able to see well at large distance in the dark...That is when you want to be standing....

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:24:47 PM »
The trouble with most turkey vests is the fact that they have so many pockets you can't find what your looking for.