Author Topic: Worlds Calling Competition Results  (Read 4969 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Worlds Calling Competition Results
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »
.......this just in.....DUFFMAN took 1st in Distress Division!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......this just in.....LOOKN4FUR took 2nd in Distress Division!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the PPHA boys are racking it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

uncle buck

Re: Worlds Calling Competition Results
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »
That is so neat!!!!!!!Thank you for the on the spot update... We appreciate it!!!!!!!

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 05:08:06 AM »

What country is the event held in? Also how many events must you win to qualify, for the World's? And how many contestants, are in a class or division?

I can't find any information on this.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:30:56 PM »
A different story a day makes.  Today in the Coyote division, I finished 10th.  Duffman finished 6th.  Neither of us placed today.  Duff is standing in fourth place overall so far and made it to the finals tomorrow.  Best of luck to him.  The worst he could do is 5th overall but I'm prayng for World Champion.  I am locked in at 6th place overall and missed the finals by four points.  I am very happy with my finish and am blessed just to finish where I did.  I learned a lot and I'm ready for the next one.  Thanks for all the support that everyone has shown both Duff and myself.

I forgot to mention Steve (yotehunter74)  He finished 8th today.  Not sure what he finished yesterday but he is a great caller and deserves all the best as well.  Pennsylvania was well represented in this event.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
Thank you for sharing that with us Tim...I am real proud of all of you for competing in the event..Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
Congrats to all of you guys.....good luck tomorrow Duff
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline yotehunter74

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.sfcustompredatorcalls.com
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »
I talked with Mike Dillon today after the comp. and the final result put Duff in 4th place overall... WOOHOO!!!   Way to go buddy !!!!  Tim placed 6th overall, Great Job !!!!       and I came in tenth..... I would say that Pa had a pretty good showing with all 3 Pa boys in the top ten .... The competition was very hard, and I could not imagine what it would have been like to judge it with callers like Al Morris and Steve Criner.... last years all around champ John Paul Moody, and several folks who make a living doing it....

Again, Congrats to Duff and Tim...

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:05:13 AM »
Congratulations fellas. Your representing your state and sport very well.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »
Thanks to all PPHA members who particpated in this event...I am proud of all of you...Duff 4th place in the World ain't half bad either...Keep up the good work!!!!!!...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »
Some photos for you all.

"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 05:11:19 PM »
You get 1st place in my book for just getting up! I would probably sound like a squirrel choking on a rock under that pressure, usually sound like that anyway.. ;D Congratulations gentlemen....

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »

Does anyone know what types of calls, callers 1 throughout 5 used? I read allot but could not find out how many events you had to win to get to the World Championships? Or much other information. Also how many callers are at each competition? So I would have some idea of a time limit per advent. I would be interested in next years advents.

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 09:28:05 PM »
Don't have to win any events. Just sign up and test yourself!

It was 3 minutes to do all four sounds.

Not sure what all the callers were using.
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 08:21:15 AM »
As Duff said you don't have to qualify anywhere.  Just pay the entrance fees and show up.  I attached a link to the rules for the Worlds.  Most callers use custom calls that they make or thier employer makes.  You can buy these calls anywhere, just contact them.  As far as the sounds, here is what was pulled.    http://worldpredatorandhuntingexpo.com/contest_rules.php

Distress Division
Bird Distress
Fawn Distress
Cottontail Distress
Callers Choice

Coyote Division
Adult Threat Bark Howl
Adult Lone Howl
Adult Barks
Callers Choice

I can't remember what was pulled for the finals but I know the last call was hunters best call stand scenario.

If you are interested in competing at the State level.  Come to the PPHA Expo in September and compete.  That will give you a good idea at what is expected because we run ours almost identical to the Worlds.  Hope to see you there.......Tim

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »
Congrats to all of you ...Duff you be the man..even if I'm three times your age..you are a master is the books now fir sure!! ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member