Author Topic: Your Opinion on the style of hat light?  (Read 2029 times)

uncle buck

Your Opinion on the style of hat light?
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »
In Your opinion which light type do you think is the best style for the predator caller?  When I mean style in mean:  THE HEAD,  WHEATLIGHT,  and  MINE LIGHT...

Me......I have the THE HEAD and THE WHEAT....  I like THE HEAD... Simple....Clear pop covers that just fit over the head light... Pop covers without solid plastic on it sides... If you want to rig THE HEAD light to make it special it seems a lot simpler.....

Now I have to admit...Me thinks that the MINE and The Wheat might have more power...This might be good for the coon hunter with dogs?  I don't know..

Actually I would like to hear everybody's else reason for using the three style and why they think one is better then the other?

Now if someone can tell me the the Wheat and or the Mine shoots the light out farther in front of you...Wow now that might make that style better as a shield compared to THE HEAD...

My Wheat Light is a Western River brand hat light.....I do have to admit I do how instead of turn the head to widen the beam you twist a knob and it opens or closes the beam of your light..

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Your Opinion on the style of hat light?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:45:43 AM »
I use the Wizzard Head Lamp with a red lense, i can id an animal out to 50 yards i can pick up eyes at about 200 yards so for me it is perfect for the shotgun hunter. 

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »
The Head is a more durable light but tends to have a halo type beam that isn't necessarily bad but can be a little distracting.The 5100 style head I feel has a much better beam.I have one of each and like them both.The other issue isn't the light as much as the battery behind it.We had a discussion on light intensity at the North central hunt and it was mentioned by one of the successful members that more is better when it comes to lighting.I'm starting to agree with that,especially in farm land.

Offline Crowmagnum

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 08:50:28 AM »
 I use the Night Blaster Xenon/Led head lamp ..I think it works great..its 80,000 candlepower..has a six volt rechargable battery  with a 40 inch cord. If anyone is wondering the model number is HL-206C          I havent really used anything else  ;)