Author Topic: Any luck overlaying JS Preymaster Modules to Foxpro Products?  (Read 2641 times)

uncle buck

Any luck overlaying JS Preymaster Modules to Foxpro Products?
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »
I have overlaid quite a bit of sounds to my FX5.  Seems like if you can get your hands on CD's that is the most easiest to overlay... Just put the CD into the computer and RIP it...It moves automatically to a drive. I did run into one or two times when Ripping a CD that the computer would not allow it since it confirmed of triggered Copyright block that was on the particular CD..New CD's just might have these triggers that block your overlay????
Cassettes and your own sounds I had to use a digital voice recorder to then move to my computer via the Accessory MIC tool...Audit it and then move it to a drive..
Sounds from other electronic callers made by Foxpro was not hard...Again loaded it to the computer via the Accessory MIC tool.
Now for some reason? When I took the Preymaster caller inserted the module and hooked that up to the Accessory MIC tool...It would not transfer????  Anyone ever lay any of your Preymaster module sounds to the Foxpro calling products?  Not wanting to load any at the minute just want to know if the Preymaster Modules sounds can be overlaid to the MIC on computers? 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Any luck overlaying JS Preymaster Modules to Foxpro Products?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:36:16 AM »
I am going to try then.  I bought a wire with two male plugs to try to run a line from the preymaster to the computer.  Thing is you need a editing program.  goldwave seems to be the most used.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
Attaching a Jack from the Preymaster to the accessory MIC on my computer did prove negative...However doing the same with a Walkman cassette player or CD Walkman to the MIC proved positive....One should hold on too all of their cassettes and CD's so they can overlay these sounds to any future FP products...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »
if ya have a cd you should be able to rip them to your computer.  the tapes would be the hard part.  finding a tape player now a days might be like trying to find 8 tracks.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »
Ben your probably right.....My cassette player goes back many years.  This is the kind of stuff to watch for at yard sales and flea markets... Old technology that will make your new technology work..