Author Topic: MARK YOUR CALENDERS!! PPHA 3RD ANNUAL PREDATOR EXPO IS COMING!!!  (Read 9044 times)

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: MARK YOUR CALENDERS!! PPHA 3RD ANNUAL PREDATOR EXPO IS COMING!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »
Actually the attendance was up last year from first.

Some of those not attending last year asked for a more "convenient location"
When looking at time restraints, looking at speakers, and other activities discussed for this years event, it was determined that a multi day event was best.
There are many factors which went into the planning of this event site.

Foxpro is still one of the supporting sponsors of the PPHA.
And Foxpro benefits from us just as much as we do from them, but this event is about benefiting the PPHA and Predator Hunters.
Sponsors n vendors benefit by us promoting their items to the hunters that will use them.

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
In an effort to grow the expo, this was the next logical step.  The PPHA is having a phenominal year and it is showing in more than one way.  As stated before the FoxPro grounds are not suitable for want we want to do.  Cresson has supported us in the past and has answered every question we threw at them with nothing but a proffesional attitude.  Other places could not accomodate our needs or just never got back to us.  FoxPro being the proffesionals they are, will still be supporting us in every way they have in the past.

I suspect the nay sayers will say that this years expo will be a bust.  You have some in every organization.  That's not going to change.  I can only hope that people keep an open mind and accept the fact that the volunteer officers of this organization are making changes to improve and grow this organization.   
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
I checked the location of Cresson on the map.  I would say it's appears that it's easy to get too and is Central in the state...that is a good thing.
If Foxpro still helping out then that is a PLUS too...

Offline Grouchy Coyote

• Junior Forum Member
  • www.MyNEOD.com -Home of the ESOS Boycott-
    • www.MyNEOD.com -Home of the ESOS Boycott-
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
You are right...  Cresson is centrally located in the state and centered almost directly between I-80 and PA Turnpike, and Rt 219 and I 99.

It is almost perfectly located in the state for such and event...

We hold a coyote hunt because there are alot of people in the club who supported the idea and I jumped on top of it with both feet.

It was a great way to rally the depletiong club and get a breath of life back into the club, we put out a $5000 guarenteed prize to help entice support.

IT WORKED...  Cresson was a small and dwindling facility, and stagnating to the point where it was on the verge of dissapearing.

DESPITE THE THOUGHTS OF A FEW KNOW IT ALLS WHO CONTINUALLY CRITICIZE AND BELITTLE THE CLUB VIA EMAIL AND FORUMS !

We have not made any money on the coyote hunts yet...  We have invested so much money back into the technology and facilities for the hunt.

With the Support of Fox Pro and other great sponsors of our club we were able to bring the Coyote Hunt to a new level, and Offer a live webcam check in.

We support coyote hunting, be it done with dogs, hand calls, baiting, or driving, we support the hunting of the animals, and now this year fox have been added.

Fox Pro and Creson work very well together and have had a long time standing relationship, I have known Mike and Steve and their dad since they made the calls in the basement of their house, I am sure that there are no hard feelings moving it from the FoxPro facility to our grounds in order to benefit the PPHA and its members.

We are able to offer the event a large area for shooting, camping, RV camping, bonfires, fishing, and much much more for the day of the event.

It is an oppurtunity for the members to bring their whole family and spend the weekend either at our place or in campgrounds or hotels nearby.

We were extatic to know we were awarded the PPHA event, and are really looking forward to having the event at our place, this year and hopefully for many years to come if possible.

We are committed to our events and dedicate alot of resources to making the event a perfect day for everyone involved...  Even if it means we make nothing on it at all.

Short of a porr turnout, the HPA Event and 10yr Anniversary was a huge hit and a great time to be had by all who made the effort to attend it.

I for the life of me cannot understand how some people can continue to bash an event planned for the members, by the officers you have elected to run your club.

Even if the event was too far for me, didnt meet my standards, they served nothing but veggie burgers and tofu, I would choose not to participate, but NEVER would voice my extreme displeasure in the decisions that they made for what they thought was for the better ment of the club. 

There is way too much volunteer work that goes into not only planning and event of this magnitude, but also continuing to run the day to day operations of the rest of the clubs duties.

If you deem an event to fail with the negativity of the ones who this was planned for then it will !

Do your officers and yourselves a favor and stand behind the club that you have joined for a reason !

With that said, I appolgize if I offend anyone who does not deserve it, but hope that you can see that this will be a great time!  Come out and enjoy it !

TOM MCCONNELL
2014 PA Statewide Crow Hunt - Sep 20th
Come be a part of it: www.CressonSportsmans.com
Grand Prize FOXPRO CALL
OTHER GIVEAWAYS - Boondock Outdoors and Bees OBrien Calls
www.CressonSportsmans.com

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 08:01:23 AM »
Cresson is not far from Ebansburg, not sure on spelling.  Which is where the Pennsylvania Institue of Taxidermy is and Saint Francis college, where I went for 1 year and drank my way out of college.  Its about a 20-30 min drive on the other side of Altoona and the horse shoe curve.  Which is a well know section of rail road.  Altoona was at one time a large industrial town where locomotives were built.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:03:29 AM by swarter2 »
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline bhw

• Junior Forum Member
    • Bark at the Moon Coyote Club
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
I'm In!!!  From NY  :D
Read the NEW book EASTERN COYOTE CHALLENGE at Bark at the Moon Coyote Club! http://www.bucksnorthuntingworld.com/

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 08:15:24 PM »
Swarter2, I worked for the Norfolk Southern Railroad for a while and I rode that hill with Horseshoe curve up and down several times. One heck of a hill. I've never seen so many train killed deer, turkey, and coyote laying around. I've counted up to 50 dead deer from top to bottom at times in the winter snow. The grain hoppers cars would leak out corn and grain between the rails and the animals would come to eat and splat. I always wondered how to get into that patch of woods because the game is there in big numbers. They are coming to eat.

President PPHA

Offline TFC2223

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.redeyesops.com
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 09:12:38 PM »
Looks like I am in as well.  Maybe even for two days.  See you all there.

TFC2223 (Kirk McKendree)
Kettle Creek Calls Prostaff
Kirk McKendree

RED EYES OPS

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »
To far for me to make it this year.  I'm hoping you guys are able to get John there for another light seminar.  He had the best seminar last year!
Thanks to everyone working hard behind the scenes to make this annual event a success.  I'll be with you guys in spirit!

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 06:51:03 AM »
is there any schedule of events, seminars etc for sat of the expo??
district #1

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »
sorry, i missed that i just go to the forums section and didnt notice it
district #1