Author Topic: Member vs. Member Hunt Results!!  (Read 8676 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Member vs. Member Hunt Results!!
« on: December 20, 2009, 09:48:08 PM »
First and foremost, I want to thank each and everyone of the members who registered for this Member vs Member Hunt and got out there under some adverse conditions to participate. This hunt was a HUGE success due to the 60 members registered...most ever for a PPHA hunt...way to go gentleman!! And again, a big thank you to all the PPHA Officers for their tireless work to make this hunt possible!

and the results are:

1st Place: R.Riley of District 6 with 1 Coyote and 2 Raccoon checked in with 26 points total.

2nd Place: We have a TIE!! between S.Frye of District 3 with 3 Gray Fox checked in with 24 points
                                                  C.Martin of District 2 with 3 Red Fox checked in with 24 points

Tie will be broken by the winning PA LOTTO Daily number (evening drawing) tomorrow night, Monday the 21st. Member with their chosen number closest to the Daily Number will take 2nd place and the other will take 3rd.

Congrats to Mr. Riley on his 1st place finish and winner of the Savage Model 200 in Grey Synthetic Stock!!!  ;D
Congrats to Mr. Frye & Mr. Martin on their harvests this weekend, nice work guys!  8)

Members also checking in harvests today are as follows:
S. Callahan of D1 checked in 1 Red Fox
Ju. Millinder of D3 checked in 2 Gray Fox
T. Deckard of D4 checked in 1 Red Fox

NICE SHOOTING GENTS!! ;)

The weather this weekend was a force to be reckoned with this weekend especially in the southern tier districts. Thank you all again for participating!!!

~Woody
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:09:09 PM by 220_Woody »
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Member vs. Member Hunt Results!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 09:55:31 PM »
R. Riley First place winner from District 6 check in.

FayetteNam

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:04:41 PM »
all right gents.....lets hear the stories!!!  ;D ;D

just wanted to let worm4man know that i'm sorry to hear of his sudden illness. i just found out that he came down with a serious flu and could not finish the hunt this weekend even though he did harvest some fur. hope you get better real soon bud!!  ;)
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 10:05:43 PM »
#1 Good Job, Furblaster! #1

News Flash....THE WINNER....Furblaster #1

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »
Nice job.

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 10:14:54 PM »
Congrats to the winners!  Especially for the great looking coyote!!!

bootmud

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »
Nice job everyone!!
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 10:54:22 PM »
Ritchey....YOU DA MAN !!!!! ;) Congrats to the rest of the winners. Once again, mother nature played her cards in this hunt also.

Worm.......take it easy there bud. :)

Ian...great job. ;) (all the officers in the PPHA for that matter)
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 11:05:26 PM »
Absolutely, Congratulations to Ritchie and all the members who braved the weather to make this hunt a success. I thank you guys so very much. Enjoyed the check in and the stories.  :)
Worm: I'm pulling for ya man. I sent you a Pm and I hope you get well soon!
Can't wait to see who wins second and third so these results can be official. Thanks to all the officers for the man hours that it took to make this hunt and to make next years even better.  ;)
FayetteNam

worm4man

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:07:56 AM »
Congratulations to Ritchy also. 
We setup a good game plan.  We were at my uncles. A member here was posting about a large snowstorm.  We have always used Yahoo Pittsburgh, close radar.
We can look West to Indianapolis, Which directly across to the West 6 hours.  We seen the percipitation was coming the opposite way.  This year we had the good weather. 
The all district hunt last season, I went with my uncle incase he fell, or something. We seen the snow was approaching faster than we expected. We had plans on coon hunting thickets along creek banks, in which we marked for 3 days with trail markers. 
The early snowfall changed the plan. My uncle suggested we hunt a old bard, near a creek, before dark, where he and richy seen coons at dusk nearly every evening, while bowhunting.
We flipped a coin, Richy got the barn, and I got the old outhouse 50 yards away. I was using a mp3 player and just a small amp speaker.
Richy was using the furpro, on canary. three raccoons came in together. He got 2, I got one. HaHa!, he would have had 3 but he was having a hard time his scope was fogging.
We went home, and the snow fell fast, we slept till 2am. We got up grabbed the decoy bad, and my uncle drove us to a farm, we have seen coyotes on. I hunted a hut a friend built for deer hunting. Ritchy setup his popup blind, and the decoy and call, about 100 yards down along a fencerow,  which was logged last summer.
He had everything setup at about 5:30 am. I got cold sold I went over too the blind.
He said if one came out he got first shot, as he set everything up. He was mad because the call went off 1 time,but i snuck around the backside of the hill, because the wind changed from the time we were dropped off.
I was watching out the rear of the blind, which was a miserable view.
It was just getting light, we heard what soundrd as 3 to 4 coyotes to our right. Richys call kicked on. We waited.
Richy had the window unzipped with his rifle setting perfect in the saddle of th window. He said they were coming out. He was just about to shoot, and he said it barked at the decoy. He shot, and he jumped up and hollored, worm theres another, i got in his seat, and it was about 150 yards dead run, going strait away. I couldn"t get on it.
But as I was getting in the chair, The coyote ran up towards are hut, and stopped, then ran the opposite direction.
Richy could have had both, but he was unselfish, as usual, and gave me a shot.
I am glad he won, he could have probably sealed it, with the second coyote, as we figured it would take at least 2 coyotes.
Thanks guys, I got 2 shots and some antibiotics, and yet another vacation from school.
This time it is excused. lol.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:24:47 AM »
congrats to those that got out hunting this weekend.  good job on the coyote ritchy.  sounds like you guys got the coyotes figured out over there.  good luck the rest of the season also.  good job to the rest that went out and killed this weekend.  and thanks to those that participated.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 08:35:08 AM »
Congratulations Ritchy!  And thanks to everyone else who made this hunt a success.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 08:38:22 AM »
Great job!!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »
Congrats Ritchy, Steve and Mr. Martin!!!

Thank you to all those that participated and even more so to the ones that braved the storm to make check ins

Great job to all the district officers in getting the word out and the outstanding participation from our membership!!!!
THIS IS SPARTA!!

verminator

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »
congrats to all