Author Topic: anyone else going after turkeys saturday?  (Read 2396 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
anyone else going after turkeys saturday?
« on: October 29, 2009, 07:26:05 AM »
me and my cousin are going to head up to the cabin on friday and do some fox hunting and then the next morning some turkey hunting.  anyone else heading out?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline coyotelord

• Junior Forum Member
Re: anyone else going after turkeys saturday?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »
I'm probably going to head out back home with my one buddy.  They usually hammer them every year so I have a good shot if I do...  It all really depends on if I can drag myself out of bed after a half night of fox hunting Friday night.

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:04:37 PM »
Will be heading up to the mountains on Sunday and be coming back on Thursday. Will be archery hunting for deer first, yotes and bobcat second and turkey third....ED

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
 I usually don't go after turkey in the fall on purpose and limit myself. I hunt fall toms with a bow. I will go out still hunting for deer/turkey, shoot one while fox hunting in the day or pop one out of the stand. To many times I would be calling fall turkey and have bucks come with in range and all I have is my 12 ga. I have seen 6 longbeards hanging around in a group. I'll try for them.
FayetteNam

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »
I'm heading to New York tomorrow for some archery deer but I never pass on a turkey if it comes into range.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!