Author Topic: poofy post  (Read 16938 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
poofy post
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 08:31:42 AM »
listen fellas carver calls did contribute calls to be raffled off.  he has given to the ppha graciously for nothing in return.  and yes he(winterhunter) was asked to sell calls at the seminar for mr. carver.  so yes we(ppha) decided it would only add another vendor to the seminar.  I feel what has been said is all that needs to be said.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
poofy post
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 09:21:23 AM »
Ben,

My only point was that winterhunter and Carver must have already been acquainted BEFORE the seminar.  I don't doubt that Carver (or winterhunter representing Carver) was asked to be a vendor.  I also think it's great that Carver donated some calls.  I just don't get why this whole mess unfolded the way it did, with a post that has long since been deleted, in which winterhunter said he 'found these great calls at the seminar'.  He didn't find them there.  He was already acquainted with them at that point.  Why not just come out and say up front: 'Check out my great calls'.

I also feel as Tom stated that this thread should stop in the interest of the PPHA, but as soon as he said that greywoof joins as a new member to the site and has to respond.

I'd suggest that this thread be locked.  If you or Tom wants to throw in the 'last word', that would be great.  Then lock the thread.