Author Topic: new led scope light from primos Primos LED Scope Light  (Read 5638 times)

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:16:14 AM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: new led scope light from primos Primos LED Scope Light
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:29 AM »
IF anyone tries this light i like to know how it works.

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 11:17:13 AM »
IF anyone tries this light i like to know how it works.

Ditto.  I've never used a gun mounted light, at least not yet. :)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »
Same here. I would like a review from whom ever used one. Please!
FayetteNam

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »
Only problem with this thing is it only shines out to 100 yards...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 12:47:33 PM »
I don't have a problem with that.  How far are you shooting on a regular basis at night in PA.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 12:51:39 PM »
I agree with L4F, 100 yds in my opinion is perfect for my night hunting.

Matter of fact, I have a 250yd optronics I'd like to trade for a 100yd.  Way to big and to bright.
This LED would be worth a try.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 01:16:02 PM »
I am in the same boat as l4f. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 07:03:55 PM »
Wish I had some extra cash.  I would love to try this light.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 10:48:16 PM »
i couldnt remember who made it but i found the other light,it takes 2 nine volt batterys and is good for 100 yards

http://www.burnhambrothers.com/product.asp?ProductID=18662

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 01:01:49 AM »
I haven't had much problems using the most powerful light I can find, I figure why use one thats good out to 100 yards when I can use one thats good to 300yrds you know? Didn't one of the speakers at the expo state that they believe the power of the light seems to have little effect on the critters? I'm just asking, and i'm pretty curious, because i'm trying to step up my light system this season...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 07:24:48 AM »
Critterslayer.  I'm glad you never had an issue with brightness.  I really never have either.  My question was geared more toward safely taking long distance shots at night.  I'm sure you are a safe hunter and thats not the question, but I think a lot of guys with the big lights might be tempted to take a risky or bad shot because they can see eyes at 300 yards but never indentify their target.  I use a 100 yard light now and I can tell you you can see eyes a lot further than 100 yards.  If a hunter shows restraint and waits until the animal is within 100 yards then the ability to identify a target correctly will increase.  Plus it's just plain easier for a rifle guy to make the shot at that distance.  The shotgun guys, well that doesn't even enter into the equation.  Sorry for getting off the topic a little.  Shawn, could you buy me this new light for my birthday?  October 29th in case you forgot. ;D

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 12:27:30 AM »
You are absolutely correct Tim, I never really looked at it that way, although it seems as if its a really easy thing to understand...to be honest once I can figure out what it is its usually 100 yards or less and I never really think of the distance...I just like the extra power to see it better in the scope and get a nice hold on the critter...but yes...I do not take shots unless i'm 100% sure of what it is, especially at night...
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »
Most of my hunting is with a partner and one has a shotgun and the other usually my .17 centerfire.  All the farms are scouted during daytime hrs for safety purposes. NEVER HUNT A FARM WITHOUT FIRST CHECKING IN THE DAYLIGHT! With the scope that I use you can crank up the power and take off the red lense and make a positive identity upwards of 300 yds.  Ya just cant do it on all the farms some you can only use a shotgun you just gotta make sure.

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
i couldnt remember who made it but i found the other light,it takes 2 nine volt batterys and is good for 100 yards

http://www.burnhambrothers.com/product.asp?ProductID=18662

I have this light and would trade or sell it to anyone that wants it. I got it for on a shotgun and with my gun being a pump it will not work due to the switch being 1 a pressure switch and 2 the wire is to short.
 Can't comment on how it works since I never used it.
PPHA District 3