Author Topic: Learn Something new every day  (Read 9637 times)

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Learn Something new every day
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »
But when it comes to legal/illegal equipment, they should all be on the same page.....these are the things that get people fined.....one person gets an answer that its legal...another gets that its illegal.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »
Why don't we just surround the fields with Giant football field type of spotlights. When the fox comes in switch the lights on. No problem now? LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »
Some day we will all be using suppressors like Europe, Germany and other countries. All they are is muffler on a rifle.I love mine and so does my wife.

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »
Why don't we just surround the fields with Giant football field type of spotlights. When the fox comes in switch the lights on. No problem now? LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

first thing if your that close a farmer can hear the muzzle blast that loud,your probably be in a safety zone.

i just said they are not for me,if factory guns come with them on,then i see no problem.

i dont shoot 200 yards at night.
if you can see that far your burning and educating fur.

this year my night hunting will consist mostly of a shotgun.

and a dim red lense which i and many others harvest more fur with,and also your not wounding as much,shooting deer,cows,etc.out at 200 yards.

if you want a good cheap muffler,foam ear plugs work great

but your suppressor is legal,ethical and practical,and desperatly needed by a predator hunter.

not by far.JMO

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:44:05 PM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 12:00:29 PM »
This whole topic has gotten to where I didnt want it to be...I started this topic to say "wow, I never thought these were legal to hunt with"
It has gone from bad to worse with arguing with all involved (me included) not sure if its typed text or what....just seems that an informational post has gone really south.

I think we should all just realize that if its legal..use it if you want to.
I am sure if all of us call the PGC and ask the same question, we'll get at least 5 different answers.
I think we need to agree to disagree and let it go at that

KP if you feel I was arguing, I'm sorry, not my intent.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline kpaul9886

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »
Fact of the matter is I don't even take them out much , Just don't tell me I cant !
I'm a hard headed Irishman that severed his country and feels like he earned every right he has and I wont let anyone tell me I cant without a darn good reason! 
It's over

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 08:02:09 PM »
I have been reading this post and I learned some about this type of equipment. I also think it was a good post and still do.  

I never used any of this equipment for hunting but own a night vision monocular I purchased from Russia about 15 years ago from a friend in the military. It is a neat toy but not for hunting. The red lens I use today does 1000 times better.  But the silencer is another story. I think I would like to try one. I live in a very populated area and believe me, not everyone likes hunters. So who knows what could be on the end of my rifle some day.

I do like the fact that it is legal and should stay that way in America. We have enough laws and nothing will ever keep an outlaw from being an outlaw. I for one am tired of people making laws to protect me from what one or two bad guys MIGHT do. What about all the good guys that are honest hunters. We would penalize them for no reason.
O-yea, JMO
Ernie
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:05:05 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 08:31:28 PM »
Buckwheat, you hit it right on the head.