Author Topic: New Nikon coyote scope!!  (Read 3668 times)

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
New Nikon coyote scope!!
« on: August 29, 2009, 01:11:07 AM »
Thinkin about getting the new nikon coyote special scope w/ bdc ret. just wondering what some of you think about it. From what ive read and saw so far it seems like a really nice scope havent looked at it in person yet hopefully soon, almost like they made it especially for my savage predator hunter haha...i think itll be a great combo

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New Nikon coyote scope!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 08:23:01 AM »
I have 5 Nikon scopes and they are a great buy for the money. I have one 4.5x14 with BDC ret. and I don't seem to have a problem however, a friend of mine hates it. He say's his eyes are automatically drawn to the circles and it interferes with his seeing the cross hairs. Personally, I would rather not have the bdc but it is already there so I live with it. Nikon scopes are bright, crisp, and clear with a lifetime warranty so you can't go wrong.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »
Bdc rt is on only meant for deer and other big game. Horrible rt for coyote or fox hunting. Go with a straight duplex crosshair. Much better for night shooting.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:11:10 AM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:57:39 PM »
This probably would work great for daytime coyote hunting...You just might get lucky with the circles and make one do a flip like Randy Anderson does in his videos...However for the night hunter um not sure if this scope is what you want to shoot a coyote, fox, coon, etc on those dark dark dark nights...The cheapo Muller 3 X9 40 MM would be my choice there.  However just say you have one gun and you call it your daytime coyote hunting gun...Then I think the Nikon Coyote scope would be a good investment.. Especially if you were heading out West where you can take some of them there running shots at coyotes before they disappear into the thick stuff.
So I would not go and place it on one of my nightime shooting rifles...Only a daytimers!!!!!!Um probably a 22250 too.....