Author Topic: Hunting The Full Moon  (Read 6037 times)

uncle buck

Re: Hunting The Full Moon
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »
I think guys don't hunt during the Full Moon because they are afraid of Werewolves!!!!!I just take me a few Silver Bullets along with me and don't worry about it...

Yes you will fail when you call the full moon..  However you have to learn so get out there and see if you can call in a few.  Every bit of thing you learn out there, even getting busted by a red or coyote will help you next time around...

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
 Great info, Sadly I missed this topic until now. I have one for ya guys. I asked Dave Kaprocki about this and he really didn't have an opinion. Let me know what you think on this moon. I am a deer hunter and only having a couple years into predator hunting I find myself thinking like a deer hunter. I was always told to hunt when the moon is out (meaning in the daylight). When the moon is above or below be in your stand. I used this last year and was successful 50% of the time that couple days the moon was out (not full) during the day. I went out when it was overhead which was a round 4:00pm and called in a red on my 1st and 3rd stand using red fox didtress sounds and my 12 ga. Any opinions on hunting daylight with the moon over head? As far as full moon hunting, I have always gotten busted.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:27:20 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 04:03:43 PM »
I like full moon only when hunting on snow.

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
find a small clearing or logging road,and use a small red led.

It it isnt visable,than its not in range anyhow.Shotgun range that is.

i will probably only hunt with a shotgun at night this year.

i have good luck in the daytime with a home built mp3 made call,that i recorded sounds with different amounts of silence,in the begining,some 10 minutes,and they play for 1 minute.and repeat,i give it 3 sequenses.35 to 40 minutes

I can get 100 yards upwind,And make a 200 plus shot,on coyote coming downwind,from my call,which has worked far better than going downwind from a electronic call setup that is sitting to close.This is day time as ive said,and
im hunting areas i am assuming the yote will be coming from.I think the further from a yotes nose the bettter a hunter is.

The camo just needs to match the surroundings.

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 12:59:10 AM »
Great info, Sadly I missed this topic until now. I have one for ya guys. I asked Dave Kaprocki about this and he really didn't have an opinion. Let me know what you think on this moon. I am a deer hunter and only having a couple years into predator hunting I find myself thinking like a deer hunter. I was always told to hunt when the moon is out (meaning in the daylight). When the moon is above or below be in your stand. I used this last year and was successful 50% of the time that couple days the moon was out (not full) during the day. I went out when it was overhead which was a round 4:00pm and called in a red on my 1st and 3rd stand using red fox didtress sounds and my 12 ga. Any opinions on hunting daylight with the moon over head? As far as full moon hunting, I have always gotten busted.

Seems there is not problem hunting during the daytime when it's the week of the full moon...It get tougher when the full moon is rising and it's night time.  So this might be the time to hunt the daytime hours during the week of the full moon.

I never use food sounds alone when hunting fox in the daytime...I use fox vocalization or maybe the JS Redfox with rabbit.  So you are on to something by using the fox sounds only for calling in the daytime... You will call in more fox at night compared to the daytime.  However that is when you have to get the curious fox to come out for a look see...I do that by using for example the JS Baby Red Fox Pup cassette.  Just get high in a field face the Model 512 down wind.  Wear full camo and shoot them when they come out of the woods for a look see of what is making all of the baby fox sounds...Daytime calling is when you should become a riflemen...