Author Topic: Keystoneman....  (Read 3875 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Keystoneman....
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »
i see in each members info block the highlighted words "applaud" and "smite"....what will happen if one should click on one or the other?never seen this option/feature in a web forum before. i also noticed tonite that when an indiviual makes a post in a thread your in the middle of replying to it'll give you a head's-up that someone replied before you hit enter...nice feature!

great job on the change-over....new digs look good!
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Keystoneman....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »
Woody, notice I applauded you and your Karma went up one point.....I believe if I smite you it goes down one point

Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:01:27 PM »
Shawn is right.  Applaud adds a +1 to your Karma - Smite adds a -1.  If this feature isn't used or gets abused we can always turn it off.  The forum has many other options as well that we can play w. in the future.  Is everyone's showing up as the Graphite color now, with the Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association in the top left corner of the screen?
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »
Eric....looks great on my end now...lol
My eyes and brain  have adjusted to the change

Also is there a way to upload Word files or do I have to send the Howler to you again when I'm finished?
Thanks
Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:28:44 PM »
thanks for the reply Keystonedude.....so, what does one win if he or she has the most karma points at the end of the year???? :D

i also like the new marquee feature..... ;D ;D
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:44:39 PM »
I added that for ya, man!  When you posting a message or replying to one click on the Additional Options link on the bottom left of the screen.  When it opens up there is a place to upload your Word doc.  If ya need help let me know.

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »
thanks for the reply Keystonedude.....so, what does one win if he or she has the most karma points at the end of the year???? :D

i also like the new marquee feature..... ;D ;D

Thats up to the power to be! LOL

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:09:14 PM »
I added that for ya, man!  When you posting a message or replying to one click on the Additional Options link on the bottom left of the screen.  When it opens up there is a place to upload your Word doc.  If ya need help let me know.

Beautiful Baby...I should have the Newsletter done by mid week next week.....trying out a different format....still Word but I keep having issues with images....When I click additional options....it just sats Notify....Return.....Don't use smileys......   or is it only in the Newsletter section that I can do that?

Thanks again E
Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 08:41:13 AM »
Mine looks like what I have attached.  If that isn't what you see - the upload feature may be set on the permissions level so I will look into that.  Also, if you don't want people to edit your newsletter it may be best to convert it to PDF once your done.  The other nice thing is that when its converted 99.9% of people can open it - there are some people out there without Microsoft Word so theirs would open in Wordpad and look a lot different.

Let me know if you need any help!